Lufthansa is poised to unveil a new look

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

Germany’s Lufthansa is a conservative airline. It rarely changes its livery.

So after 30 years there is much speculation about Lufthansa’s new colour scheme which will be unveiled in February.

This piece which has just been posted by aero.de (German language) gives an idea of how the livery may appear.

http://www.aero.de/news-28418/Lufthansa-Jets-bekommen-neues-Aussehen.html

What we know is that one B748 is currently being repainted in Rome to reflect the new colour scheme. And an A350 (not yet delivered by Airbus) will enter service in late April / early May already bearing the new colours.

Exact launch date is not yet confirmed. Some people are saying the date will be February 12 while others declare it’s February 7.

It could be that the new design will be announced simultaneously in Frankfurt and Munich which, as readers will know, are Lufthansa’s twin hubs.

Some more information (in English) on the Lufthansaflyer blog.

LUFTHANSA Set To Unveil Updated Livery Design….Here’s What I Know

Lufthansa fans will also find this Brazilian blog of interest. It lists the various liveries back to 1920.

http://caixapretadasolange.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/plantao-caixa-preta_17.html

FDOS_UK
    Participant

I have it on good authority that they will adopt a discrete grey livery

The answer is 37, by the way.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Here’s the piece from magazine.spiegel.de (German language)

https://magazin.spiegel.de/SP/2018/4/155351680/?)

Spiegel reports that the events on February 7 in Frankfurt and Munich are “employee festivals.”

Unclear if the new colours will be unveiled to the public at that time.

I also now understand that Lufthansa will be taking delivery of its next A350 in February. Maybe this aircraft will also appear in the new colours.

MSN202 - Is the new Lufthansa tail livery hiding under the white plastic?

paulkaz
    Participant

Should make things confusing if LH flies to Xiamen

Flightlevel
    Participant

This seems more like pinning a tail on the donkey?
    Atleast the donkey is making money at last!

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

IstanbulWarrior
    Participant

I have to say that this is probably my favourite in what have otherwise been a series of botched rebranding exercises at legacy carriers.

trident3
    Participant

At least the crane survives…

Might grow to like it….

sgvancouver
    Participant

Oh my, that’s horrific ……. what a shame. I can’t believe they are dropping the yellow from one the most instantly recognised logo’s in aviation. Sad day.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I think its very nice – reminds me of my football team… either way though it wont change my life….

Schaible
    Participant

I am shocked about this. In my opinion the yellow belongs to Lufthansa’s uniforms, the planes and corporate design in general. The new design makes the aircraft looking boring and cheaper!!! I guess LH simply likes to save a lot of money in the long term by cancelling the yellow from their order lists for aircraft painting and printer toners.

GivingupBA
    Participant

[quote quote=849438]Oh my, that’s horrific ……. what a shame. I can’t believe they are dropping the yellow from one the most instantly recognised logo’s in aviation. Sad day.
    [/quote]

I agree with you. In my opinion this new logo is in no way an improvement.

Flightlevel
    Participant

Yellow is part of their flag colours too. Will the uniforms be a simple blue and white to save costs – looks Greek to me!

paulkaz
    Participant

Good to double check the name on the plane or end up in Damascus.

Alex McWhirter
    Participant

Earlier this morning the first Lufthansa aircraft bearing the new livery was rolled out of the Rome hangar.

This B747-8 is bound for Hamburg where it will be fitted out with the new interior and other design changes.

The first two repainted aircraft, the above B747-8 and an A321, are both making special flights on February 8 according to Lufthansa.

The B747-8 is making a circular tour of Germany while the A321 is flying out of Munich to Milan MXP, to Paris CDG and then Frankfurt.

Pics and video of the B747-8 at Rome from aeronews.ro

http://aeronews.ro/video-747-8i-lufthansa-d-abya-new-livery-hangar-roll-out-in-rome-fco/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls