LON – Delhi – Bangalore – LON

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

MCT5678
    Participant

Hi,

I need to do this trip very shortly.

Any preference of airline for anyone? BA for the long haul seciotn…short haul…any ideas?

Thanks

Yes, definitely an open-jaw BA for the longhaul. In the absence of Kingfisher, I would go for Jet Airways for the domestic.

Freedom1
    Participant

If you dont mind the low-cost option, then Go-Air (www.goair.in) is nearly always the cheapest. On my annual trips to India I have used them loads and not once had a late flight or any problems! Earlier this year flew them to the andaman islands.. flight even left 15mins early, brand new 320, faultless!

AMcWhirter
    Participant

I assume you are breaking your journey in Delhi … ? If not, then consider routing to Bangalore via a Gulf hub.

Does price come into the equation ? If it does then I would imagine Jet Airways will quote the best price as it flies all sectors you need.

I wrote about flying to and within India a few months ago in the magazine.

sparkyflier
    Participant

Another option in and out of Delhi & Bangalore could be Lufthansa via FRA which I think use the 747 – 8 on those routes.

Domestically I would have chosen Kingfisher as Alexpo mentioned – but not sure if they are around these days and if so how “solid” they are. I think Air India use the 787 on some of the Delhi-Bangalore flights, in case that appeals/scares you off.

Report back your final choice and subsequent findings!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls