Life on an Oceanwave – or an early April Fools?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

The folowing message has appeared on my BAEC account ‘Forthcomeing Flights’ section

UK domestic flights are showing as cancelled by mistake – If you have a flight within the UK for travel on or after 1 April, please be assured that it will operate as planned. Any indication that it has been cancelled is due to a system error and we are working to fix it as quickly as possible. We are sorry for any confusion.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cvnm217vzgrc1c7/error%20message.jpg?dl=0

I look forward to Charles P’s technical explanation of this excellent piece of IT work.

Maybe Gilbert will publish a cartoon about it – if he isn’t repolishing the words to The Mikado?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

on mine too…

BugAdvisor
    Participant

I can see the same message on my BA account.

canucklad
    Participant

See below a posting I put on last week, in response to Peter noticing BA had cancelled his flight.
    Again not sure if this is related to what you guys are experiencing. i

• Morning Peter
    Not sure if this is related to your issue, but just in case
    My corporate booking website had a warning to advise of ongoing issues with BA booking…….
    See below…….
    “Unfortunately there is a known system issue with British Airways resulting in some domestic bookings to be automatically and inaccurately cancelled”
    If I notice my flight is cancelled I have to contact my booking company direct

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=795252]See below a posting I put on last week, in response to Peter noticing BA had cancelled his flight.
    Again not sure if this is related to what you guys are experiencing. i

• Morning Peter
    Not sure if this is related to your issue, but just in case
    My corporate booking website had a warning to advise of ongoing issues with BA booking…….
    See below…….
    “Unfortunately there is a known system issue with British Airways resulting in some domestic bookings to be automatically and inaccurately cancelled”
    If I notice my flight is cancelled I have to contact my booking company direct

[/quote]

Thanks Canucklad, I think this must be the same error.

It crosses my mind that there could be some difficult conversations from this error, in the event anyone took the cancellation message on MMB as being genuine and made other arrangements or cancelled their trip.

If Amhad or IanfromHKG are around, I would be fascinated to learn what the legal position was. Normally if party A expresses a wish (via a cancellation note on the booking) to cancel the contract and party B agrees, then the contract is no longer valid or binding.

Can party A say it was a mistake in good faith and the contract endures? How could the customer reasonably know it was a mistake?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls