LHR T1 sell off.. (well sort off)

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

If anyone is looking to create an early Christmas or birthday list, or thinking of a present for a loved one.. here is a novel idea for something different

https://news.sky.com/story/heathrow-fans-snap-up-airport-history-at-auction-11340035

I was thinking of snapping up a ‘Staff Only’ sign for the kitchen but not sure how long it will remain in situ..

I wonder what sign you would buy a loved one…?

GivingupBA
    Participant

I think ‘Concorde Lounge’ and ‘Emergency Exit’ could fit in various places.

BugAdvisor
    Participant

I followed the live auction yesterday and couldn’t believe the prices paid:
    For example, Lot 50 -Welcome to Terminal 1 illuminated sign, wall Or pole mounting. curved metal construction, hinged door. H 700 mm W 1250mm D 150mm – sold for £1050 plus 16% Buyer’s Premium plus 20% VAT

Lot 60 Zone A Ceiling Sign £1150

Lot 79 No entry sign £1000

Lot 87 Exit sign £375

Lot 92 Flight Connections sign £1000

Lot 114 Exit sign £600

Lot 136 Emergency Exit sign £1050

Lot 142 Departures and Arrivals Sign £3400

The auction continues online this week, but don’t expect any bargains.

capetonianm
    Participant

I can think of people for whom I would want to buy a sign that said :
    “EXIT ONLY. NO RETURN.”

K1ngston
    Participant

BugAdvisor one thing comes to mind, and its maybe finding a proper hobby comes to mind?? I cant begin to imagine how fascinating the “live” auction could have been for what I am told was a beautiful weekend weather wise in the UK!!

esselle
    Participant

Years ago there was a sign on one of the toilets in T1 which read “These toilets are for the use of arriving passengers only.”

BugAdvisor
    Participant

K1ngston – I was in Prague, but it was also lovely weather and I did eventually go out and enjoy it! Now I must go and continue cataloguing my stamp and butterfly collections!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

If there was a signs saying “A smile cost nothing” – I suggest they are sent via Flight Connections and pinned all over T5..

K1ngston
    Participant

BugAdvisor 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls