LH mobile check in. Not quite right.

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• seasonedtraveller
    Participant

I am now back in Mumbai and headed home in the early hours of Monday morning with LH to MAN via MUC.
    Tried to check in with my mobile phone (Samsung) but LH was insistent that I require a Visa for travel to Germany (for the record, I am British).
    Must be a mistake so I tried my other phone (Apple) – exactly the same issue, cannot check in without valid Visa for travel to Germany.

Very strange, so I clear all Cookies/cache etc and try again – nein – can’t get past the Visa page.
    Back in my room, onto the laptop, checked in online, through to MAN in about 20 seconds with both boarding passes displayed.

Mystified?

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

Had the same problem. albeit on my laptop albeit, a year ago travelling with a colleague from the Philippines on LH from Singapore to Valencia via FRA. Check in page insisted on a visa even though he was just transiting, and we had ticked that box anyway. He naturally had a visa for Spain issued by the Spanish embassy here. I checked with the German Embassy and they confirmed a visa for this trip wasn’t needed as he was transiting. On check in at Changi the agent didn’t even look for a visa in his passport and I was looking to see if he did. I guess one of those irritating things that occurs for no apparent reason unless LH knows something we don’t

Flightlevel
    Participant

They now know they need better programmers, maybe they’re outsourced too?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

They think Brexit has happened and Brits now need a visa to enter the EU!
    Seriously, I think the software has gone a bit haywire and I’ve had this happen to me before. Sometimes it just asks for the visa number and when this has happened I just put in a made up number and all was well.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=811651]I am now back in Mumbai and headed home in the early hours of Monday morning with LH to MAN via MUC.
    Tried to check in with my mobile phone (Samsung) but LH was insistent that I require a Visa for travel to Germany (for the record, I am British).
    Must be a mistake so I tried my other phone (Apple) – exactly the same issue, cannot check in without valid Visa for travel to Germany.

Very strange, so I clear all Cookies/cache etc and try again – nein – can’t get past the Visa page.
    Back in my room, onto the laptop, checked in online, through to MAN in about 20 seconds with both boarding passes displayed.

Mystified?

[/quote]

Sounds like the mobile app defaulted to ‘everyone in India needs a visa to visit Germany’, but the website was able to differentiate between those who do and do not.

As to why, I’ve no cluse on that.

Have a safe trip home.

TominScotland
    Participant

Both technology and apps seem to be confused these days. Flying to Hong Kong from the UK a couple of weeks ago, the check-in person was insistent that I needed an ESTA and only backed off when I called her supervising colleague!!

K1ngston
    Participant

ST I think the issue on the phone was that you were either on an Indian Carrier or Indian WiFI and the app could not differentiate so you were being held at the visa page..

On your computer you may well have gone in via a cached cookie and gone straight to the right page … I amaze myself that I know this stuff…..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls