Last Chance to See: Tel Aviv 60k in FIRST

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

• Swissdiver
    Participant

Hello JC,

Well Israel seems to be almost home for you. That allows you to better feel the dangers and gives you many more options to deal with than the average business man or holiday traveller, especially those who never went to this part of the world…

Cheers

Swissdiver
    Participant

P.S.: It is perfectly fine to disagree on that one 🙂

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Hi again Swissdiver,

you make a very fair point which I did not take into account in my post!

SwissExPat
    Participant

This looked quite interesting (as a ex Europe Departure) but my interest reduced significntly when I checked on Exec Club bookings and saw that the miles were indeed 60,000 but the taxes and changes would be ÂŁ411.92 per person)

Even with an amex voucher (and we have one to use) I would not pay close to ÂŁ825 in cash for this trip.

Also, The Amex companion voucher is only valid for departures ex UK hence it would be 120k in old BA miles for 2

Rgds

zhanguoqiang
    Participant

Traveling shopping question

In the people tradition’s traveling idea, some traveling shopping’s hobby, some people often “tour” the expenditure in the traveling not to be big, actually spends one great money for the shopping. How then not colored or little wastes money? ? First is as far as possible little goes shopping in the traveling, because went shopping the inconvenient travel, moreover the tourist area general price is high, went shopping is not worthwhile. At the same time, it is noteworthy that was sure to remember that not buys dear the heavy thing. Because of some tourist areas in view of customer fluidity major characteristic, in sell valuables time, often uses each method to sell the counterfeit commodity. If has bought these valuables, once after the tourist comes back, discovered that will be swindled will also be unable because of Lu Yuaner with it theory, have to confessed bad luck. More info about China tour from askchinatour.com

zhanguoqiang
    Participant

Chooses the hotel province expense skillfully

Goes out the travel, lives the hotel quality will affect the traveling quality, also affects the expense disbursement. How then can live well, also lives cheaply? ? First may before the travel inquired must go place, whether some acquaintances do introduce Enterprises and institutions’s boarding house which and the station office or may move. If has on the first choice these condition good boarding house and the office, because the majority of Enterprises and institutions boarding house and the office enjoy this unit many “the welfare”, and is only restricted in the reception generally with this unit concerned person, lives in this kind of boarding house and the office, the price is cheap, the security is also good. Certainly when chooses these boarding house and the office, must decide according to the position, if is not advantageous for the journey not to be possible to live. More info about China tour from askchinatour.com

VintageKrug
    Participant

I would strongly recommend booking this one up sharpish if you’ve ever considered taking a long weekend in Israel; it’s one of the best bargain redemptions you can make, though availability limited as the equipment on this route may not be long for this world….

VintageKrug
    Participant

…and indeed now confirmed that this route will no longer have an F cabin:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/ba-confirms-fully-flat-seating-on-bmi-a321s

Certainly an opportunity to cash in some Avios and sample the delights of Tel Aviv and Jerusalem while enjoying a new cabin offering; personally, I feel a weekend in Beirut is in the offing….

Bruce98
    Participant

Are you getting 10% of route sales?

ASK1945
    Participant

I am new to this forum.

I travel to Israel at least 3 times a year, usually by BA Economy, but sometimes by World Traveller Plus (eg during seat sales). I note that they have dropped WTP – presumably through lack of usage, as it is frequently almost empty.

BTW, I note in an earlier thread someone made critical comments about getting through Ben Gurion. I have NEVER taken more than 5 minutes to enter through immigration and virtually always my bags have arrived within a further maximum of 10 minutes.

Yes, exiting TLV takes longer because of the”intrusive” security, based on profiling, but it is only slightly longer than the security measures at LHR, which leave me with little confidence about their usefulness. All the experts agree that targeted profiling is the only effective method.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I think TLV has tough but appropriate levels of security, and I have never found the questioning overly intrusive given the context in which it is asked (and I have plenty of experience travelling in the Middle East, as well).

It is likely we will see more airports adopting such profiling in future.

You can see fares to TLV here:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/low-price-finder/public/en_fr

AdrianHenryAsia
    Participant

This thread was started in 2011 on a specific topic of a time locked offer.

Business Traveller – it is no longer relevant, can it be deleted as opposed to being bumped. AGAIN

VintageKrug
    Participant

Sounds awful! I had some “strong” questioning, but it didn’t faze me.

I’d recommend engaging http://www.laufer.co.il/LauferB.aspx?Cat=6 if you have any concerns whatsoever; no problem at all with these guys sorting everything out.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls