Korean Air B777-200 (config 3) Prestige (Business)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

Stephen787
    Participant

KE672 777-200 KUL to ICN

I got a bargain price on this flight from Kuala Lumpur to Incheon/Seoul so I grabbed it and as I had not flown with Korean Air before I was looking forward to the experience.

So as I was a transfer passenger arriving at KUL I was disappointed that I was not able to get a Korean Air boarding pass or lounge invitation until an hour before departure time. Even then they were incapable of providing this so I gave up and went straight to the gate and on to the aircraft.

As this is an overnight flight leaving after 11pm comfort and sleep was a priority. The 777 is a spacious aircraft but the angled ‘lie flat’ seat made this experience feel less than luxurious. There were no amenity kits provided, just slippers. This probably accounts for the cheaper prices of Korean Air tickets.

As the flight was only about 40% full there was spare seating next to most passengers. So at least there was room to spread out. The seats are meant to be 20.1 inches wide but they didn’t seem to be that wide – perhaps I’ve been spoiled on other airlines.

Orange Juice, champagne and water were offered before take-off then once airborne around midnight a ‘snack’ was offered. This consisted of two tiny lumps of minced chicken meat on lemongrass skewers – nothing else!! No bread, no salad, no fruit, no choice. After no missing a visit to the KUL lounge I was hoping for a bit that that but as it was late I was happy to sleep.

The inflight entertainment was basic but nothing to keep me watching all night.
    After a few hours of dozing it was time for breakfast.

Korean Air offer a Western version with croissant and scrambled eggs, chicken soup or Korean Porridge with side dishes. It filled my stomach but nothing to write home about.

The crew are warm and friendly and smile a lot.
    Where Korean Air really shines is in the efficiency of Incheon Airport. Once we landed I was through immigration, customs and out within 15 mins.

Overall a basic service but nothing special. Perhaps if I’d had the chance to leave from Incheon, try the Business lounge and be served a proper meal on-board then my experience may have been more positive.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls