KLM poised to follow Swiss with a flight pass

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Alex McWhirter
    Participant

Last Friday you may have seen our report on the Swiss flightpass which is expected to be officially launched next week.

Swiss challenges Easyjet with Geneva Flightpass

Today KLM has announced it will introduce its own version of the flightpass. Details of prices and how this “Flight Bundle” (for short-haul flights) will work have yet to be revealed. But sales will start in October.

http://nieuws.klm.com/klm-introduceert-klm-flight-bundle-in-de-nederlandse-markt/

Hans Kreulen, director of KLM Netherlands says “With KLM Flight Bundle KLM focuses on customers who fly regularly. People with, for example, a family or those who own a second home abroad, city visitors or small and medium-sized companies.”

It would appear that, as with Swiss at Geneva, KLM is targetting those travellers who book low-cost airlines (LCCs).

As Business Traveller has reported previously KLM used to dominate all flights in and out of Schiphol. But in recent years LCCs have gained a foothold (especially EZY and Ryanair) who have taken away some of KLM’s short-haul passengers.

At this point I must stress that sales are, for the time being, limited to The Netherlands.

But I know quite a few of our Forum posters are based in Holland so will, should they wish, be able to take advantage of this offer.

The news is published in Dutch language.

Business Traveller will provide further information when available.

But now one must ask which airline(s) will now follow Swiss/KLM ?

KSHaggag
    Participant

I would expect small/medium sized airlines in EU e.g. OS ,LO to follow suit.

As for Swiss ,their Eco fares from /to GVA are already very very attractive ,so I imagine with that swisspass sales should flourish .Will it be limited to Eco class i presume ? no Business class bundle ?

AMcWhirter
    Participant

KS – As far as I can tell these flightpasses will be for economy class. Further details have yet to be made available.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Sales limited to Dutch residents? Or could anyone buy in Schipol?

Are there similar restrictions with the Swiss passes?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Swiss in its previous life as Crossair offered these passes on the Lugano to Geneva route. Buy 10 pay 9 but it was restricted to that route but could be used in any direction, so not really anew idea, but it was an abandoned after about 2 years. Be interesting to see how this works out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls