KLM "Arrivals" Lounge in AMS?

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• MarkivJ
    Participant

G’day BT!

I’m Delta Silver Medallion. I’m flying KL from SFO to AMS this weekend in Biz class, landing in AMS at 945a. I fly to Belgrade the same night at 9pm on Economy. This are 2 separate bookings (separate record locators, etc.)

I’m planning on leaving the airport and spending a few hours in the city. I’d like to, of course, refresh before that. So, when I arrive from SF, is there an “arrivals” lounge in AMS like in Heathrow? I’m a bit unclear having looked on the internet – KLM’s page, Schipol’s page and other forums. Some 3rd party forums say you can use the Crown departure lounge as an arrivals lounge as well, but others say – that’s only if you have an onward boarding card.

Also, my flight to Belgrade is codeshare on Air Serbia metal. Will KLM allow me to check my bag through to Belgrade at SFO itself (recall – 2 separate bookings!) If not, can I check in immediately on arrival to AMS or should I wait till 3-4 hours before departure to check in?

Thanks in advance!

ViajeroUK
    Participant

I have used the Crown lounge (non Schengen) upon arrival, then spent a few hours in Amsterdam, returned to Schiphol and used the lounge again prior to my onward connection. Both flights were in J and onward boarding card was required both times for lounge access. Showers are quite good, but beware that there are no toilets in the shower area, so if you need both be prepared. Boarding card has to be left at the service desk in exchange for the shower key.

Best option may be to send a Twitter or WhatsApp message to KLM to ask them, they normally respond very promptly. IMO the fact that your onward flight is in Y may be the obstacle.

MarkivJ
    Participant

Thanks!!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

It’s highly unlikely they will let you use the lounge on departure Markiv, unless they make an exception. You’re on two seperate tickets and for them that is two bookings. We had a staff member flying NY – AMS in C, then AMS-MXP in Y, on two tickets with a 4 hour layover in AMS. Reason was a very special offer to AMS only, so we bought a seperate ticket for her in Y for the MXP leg. Ironically the MXP leg in Business was more expensive than the NY-AMS part. Despite showing her Boarding Pass for the US leg, she was not given admittance.

She only had hand baggage, so I can’t comment on that, but with a 12 hour layover I think it unlikely you can through check though they may accept your baggage at check in in AMS. When I lived in Rotterdam and had business in Amsterdam before flying, I’d check my bags in 8 hours before flying without a problem. But that was a few years back.

Otherwise you can store luggage at AMS
    https://www.schiphol.nl/en/facilities/short-and-long-term-storage/

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Might the Yotel be worth considering?

https://www.yotel.com/en/hotels/amsterdam-schiphol-hotel

Thuky
    Participant

I don’t think they will allow you access to the lounge because your international flight ends there (I think they only invite continuing passengers). As your onward ticket is a separate booking in Economy I think you will be out of luck. Good luck though and let us know what happened?!

MarkivJ
    Participant

Thank you all for your responses. I had another issue to deal with. As I was on 2 separate bookings, the Delta agents at SEATAC couldn’t issue my Air Serbia (KLM codeshare) ticket. So essentially, I didn’t have any onward boarding card so I just cleared immigration and headed to the city centre.

On a separate topic – wow – that KLM dreamliner is amazing. I’ll be posting a separate review!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls