Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

SimonS1
    Participant

It doesn’t seem like 25 years ago today since 47 people died in the BM crash at Kegworth.

A remarkable number of survivors though – in those days I suppose people didn’t have portable devices to distract them.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I still remember each time I pass the steep bank with the approach lights by J24 of the M1….

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

I remember driving past a few days afterwards and seeing the damage to the bank at the side of the M1.

They were so close to the runway or even touching down in a field 🙁

canucklad
    Participant

What I remember so vividly was the news report, and the horror of an aircrash in England and the feeling of “OH No, Not again”

Those of us who lived in Scotland were pretty much, still taking in the events at Lockerbie, especially those of us who had friends in the Emergency Services who came back from the scene a different person than when they rushed down there !

It really does feel like a few years ago……..
    And yet it was a ¼ of a century ago !!!! …….. : )

Papillion53
    Participant

I remember it well, at the time I was working nationally for an hotel group and was involved in putting together fly/drive/stay packages with British Midland, so of course, knew many of their sales people very well. They were all devastated.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I also remember this tragic accident and can’t believe it was 25 years ago. I think Aircrash Investigation have been featuring this crash a short while ago though I can’t remember the reason for the accident.

Bath_VIP
    Participant

LP,

The full accident report can be found here.

http://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=19890108-0

Canucklad, I remember that feeling of “Oh no, not again” so soon after Lockerbie.

Chiantikid
    Participant

Yes the horror of it happening so soon after Lockerbie was terrible. Remember thinking oh no not another bomb, especially as the flight was going to Belfast. One of the real positives to come out of the accident was CRM – crew resource management, whereby the cabin crew are now encouraged to pass on ANY safety info whatsoever to the pilots. If that would have happened on this flight, things might have turned out better.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls