JFK-LHR Club World

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

connorJohnson
    Participant

I am booked from JFK-LHR on a 747-400. I need to get off the plane quickly. Can anyone tell me wether I should sit in the first row of Club downstairs or Club Upstairs

MartynSinclair
    Participant

If you need to get off really quickly, travel Premium Economy as they are the first to exit!

Upstairs or Downstairs, I think it depends on whether the crew hold downstairs back to let upstairs off first… Could be down to the crew on the day…

Best advice is to ask the crew to assist – they generally do…

SwissExPat
    Participant

Possibly best on lower level of Club …… But this would be marginal at best……on balance I’d take a seat upstairs regardless… Due to Space and tranquility.

first_class_please
    Participant

Take row 64 upstairs, which as last row will mean you willbe first downstairs ready to get off.

Bullfrog
    Participant

Whichever seat you choose, make it known to the Cabin Services Director that you’d appreciate a quick exit. I am sure if you have good reason, they’ll ensure you’re first to disembark.

Chistery
    Participant

On my last 747 flight, sat in 64K, I made a quick exit down the stairs when the crew member at the top of the stairs shouted down about how they were holding everyone up there but one had managed to get through. Wasn’t sure what the problem was, CW should be able to get off at the same time, upper or lower deck.

It was one of the worst MF crews I’ve had though.

FrDougal
    Participant

BA operates it’s “High J” 747s on the JFK route so you are pretty much guaranteed not to get stuck behind the World Traveller plus passengers. With that in mind I would recommend a seat in the “B zone” cabin, rows 12-14 on the main deck should you wish to disembark quickly as that way you guarantee to get out quickly regardless of whether the jetty is attached to door 1 or door 2!

timothy222
    Participant

I agree with FrDougal… ALL flights to/from JFK are on the High J 747 so B zone 13B/D or 14B/D then if it is door 1 then after FIRST is off you are the first Club off in row 13 and if door 2 14 is usually off first because they need to clear that aisle to allow FIRST off before the rest of Club. on a footnote it is a shame that the 744 only is operating 2 flights a day to JFK now as the rest are all 772 and the 1 773 per day, usually if it is a valid reason like a tight connection you can make a quick exit but for any other general reason that you just want off earlier than others you may find the answer will be a polite please wait till first have been allowed off

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls