It’s been a while, the return of the FFT, today’s challenge — Springfield !?!?

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• canucklad
    Participant

It’s been a while, the return of the FFT, today’s challenge — Springfield !?!?

With all this talk of Strikes, Long Queues, Brexit doom and gloom , SQ running out of drink, SAA running out of time, I thought it was time to resurrect our Friday Fun Topic…..

So here goes…..

Well-travelled as most of us have had the good fortune to enjoy.
    Where have we visited, that has the same place by name, but not by location………, and who can guess and or beat my same name place, in 5 different locations?

• I call home, home here, and it’s also home to the neighbouring city’s airport
    • The Australian Tigers play in this pleasant cities suburb
    • This OZ town isn’t sad, even if it’s near mountains that sound like they might be.
    • Pimm’s,, rugby and the sound of leather and willow blend into the noise of nearby little outboard motors.
    • By Gum, it’s also a market town!

So what’s the common place name associated with my clues?

penfold69
    Participant

Is it Richmond?

Flightlevel
    Participant

Do we all know the american airline term used on their computers: TTFO? Clue is the last two letters?
    Mainly by check-in staff! Happy weekend to every reader.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

[quote quote=821638]Do we all know the american airline term used on their computers: TTFO? Clue is the last two letters?
    Mainly by check-in staff! Happy weekend to every reader.

[/quote]

Told to go forth and multiply.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

[quote quote=821634]Is it Richmond?

[/quote]

That would also be my guess.

capetonianm
    Participant

When I worked for an airline we used TTFO CLOFI on certain passenger complaint files.
    Told To F*** Off, Closed File.

We had a number of other good abbreviations for pax.
    OP : Obnoxious P*** (those familiar with Cape slang will know this one)
    US : Upgrade scrounger (definitely not upgradeable)
    XS : Excess baggage scrounger. I used to tell them they don’t have to pay for their excess baggage, at which they would relax and say thank you, then I’d tell them to offload it, pile it up, and I’d call the airport security to take it away for disposal.
    SEP : Sweet elderly person (upgradeable)
    PNA : (Instruction written on pax manifest for cabin crew). Pissed No Alcohol

canucklad
    Participant

Penfold and seasonedtraveller —- spot on, I suppose YVR was a bit of a giveaway

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls