British Airways – It was going so well ……..

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

• TominScotland
    Participant

Start from? Maybe on your chosen day and time but that is supply and demand again, surely. You make that sound like the norm, FDOS

Manchester – Heathrow (London) – Tuesday 13 June 2017

Departs 09:5013 Jun Carrier British Airways
    Arrives 11:0013 Jun Cabin Euro Traveller
    Flight BA1389

Heathrow (London) – Manchester – Tuesday 20 June 2017

Departs 06:4520 Jun Carrier British Airways
    Arrives 07:4520 Jun Cabin Euro Traveller
    Flight BA1382

Price £103.39 1 passenger

FDOS_UK
    Participant

I didn’t select a date – this is BA proactively giving me unsolicited information.

*****Edited by Business Traveller*****

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

You two – stop arguing. On multiple posts.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=801933]You two – stop arguing. On multiple posts.

[/quote]

It’s not arguing, it’s northern banter.

Of course, a Soithern Jessie wouldn’t understand that. 😉

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@FDoS – I wonder if Uber could have done the route for less than £300 + would it be quicker?? 🙂

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Probably ….. and their app works 🙂

Of course, given the destination is London, Virgin West Coast wins…..

1 – walk to station ~ 10 mins
    2 – wait for train – 10 mins
    3 – travel to Euston – 2h30
    4 – transfer to tube/wait fortune – 10 mins
    5 – tube to Victoria – 6 mins

Time = 3h06, starting from £36 (on weekends), £49.50 weekdays – in first class (with free snacks/soft drinks at the weekend, free meal and wine weekdays)

1 – walk to station ~ 10 mins
    2 – wait for train – 10 mins
    3 – travel to MAN – 1h20
    4 – check in at -1 h
    5 – fly to LHR – 10 mins taxi + 35 mins flt + 10 mins holding + 10 mins taxi = 55 mins
    6 – transfer to Heathrow Express, wait fornext service – 20 mins
    7 – rail/tube to Victoria – 44 mins

4h39 mins, starting from £340

TominScotland
    Participant

Shock horror, FDOS, I agree with everything above although we can debate the price for the flight, I think. MAN – LHR can only ever make sense when connecting onwards or when visiting Uxbridge……. Likewise, LBA and NCL. GLA/ EDI – LHR/ LGW/ LCY does make sense if you need to do a day trip but less and less if you don’t. ABZ, yes and BHD too unless you are a fast swimmer.

canucklad
    Participant

Still getting this message on my booking portal,

“Unfortunately there is a known system issue with British Airways resulting in some domestic bookings to be automatically and inaccurately cancelled”

However until BA’s prices drop I’ll stick to supporting Flybe’s new service, in fact even if the prices where comparable I’d still support the plucky competitor.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

ba.com is down again.

Real prufeshunal operashun.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

It’s back up again.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Spoke too soon, it just fell over halfway through the booking process.

Still, BA’s loss is Air Canada’s gain, they were happy to confirm 2x J class returns to BOS.

Hey-ho.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

And again, that’s a flight booked with KLM instead of BA, only a pan European jaunt in Y, but they’ve just lost reveneus from me of £3,500 in 10 mins – I wonder what it’s costing them altogether, per hour?

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

I’ve been trying to book a flight and car rental for about an hour and a half but all I get is this message, going round and round ( like the wheels on the bus)

We’re checking availability. We won’t be long.

capetonianm
    Participant

As I mentioned on another post, BA have continuously ‘improved’ their IT systems to the extent that they are now disjointed and incoherent, and mostly designed by children from technical colleges who want to prove how ‘clever’ they are at programming but have zero knowledge of airline realities, and in most cases not much knowledge of English.

Even Ryanair’s website is more fit for purpose than BA’s offerings.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Maybe, but I find Ryanair’s website the hardest to make a booking on (I accept I may be alone in this since clearly millions manage to do it every year).
    Wizz Air this week was a comparatively painless process, though I did agonise over whether it was worth joining the Wizz Discount Club. I did in the end.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls