It may be farewell from me……

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Fellow posters.

I arrived back in the UK from my latest venture to Korea, Japan, China, Malaysia and Thailand to find that a ‘restructure’ means that my current position is redundant.
    This means that travel for me, will cease with immediate effect and therefore, I will not be contributing to this forum very much, until I find employment elsewhere.

I have been travelling non stop, since 1989 which has also taken it’s toll on my health, I’m not a young man anymore and I now have lower back issues and breathing problems which require attention.

Martyn, Tim and a few others on here, know my real identity and it’s been a pleasure getting to know some of you on a more personal level.

I will still stop by from time to time.

Kind regards
    ST

capetonianm
    Participant

All I can say to you, based on my own experience when something similar happened to me, although it was my choice rather than the company’s, is that it was an enormous relief and as that particular door closed many others opened. I have been far happier and more fulfilled and busier in the nicest possible way since then.

I hope that for you it will be as life-changing in a positive way as it was for me. Enjoy the change.

Best wishes

FDOS_UK
    Participant

ST

So sorry to hear your news, but experience suggests that redundancy, whilst disruptive in the short-term, often leads to a better long term outcome – I hope this is the case for you.

Best wishes and do keep posting.

esselle
    Participant

The title of your post had me worried until I read further.

Good wishes for the future and I hope something pops up for you.

Flightlevel
    Participant

Good luck and another door will open,whats your profession btw?

Swissdiver
    Participant

ST,
    As other wrote, this will certainly open new doors, and a new chapter in your life.
    Good luck! I am convinced we will read you soon!

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

[quote quote=835256]Good luck and another door will open,whats your profession btw?
    [/quote]

Prefer that to remain private at this time 🙂

MarkivJ
    Participant

All the very best, God bless

K1ngston
    Participant

ST if there is anything I can do please shout via email (you have my information)

Best of luck and I hope you find what you are looking for K

canucklad
    Participant

Hi seasonedtraveller
    I’ve been brown enveloped and restructured quite a few times in my life. And I whole heartedly agree with capetonianm.
    Whereas before you’d imagine a gamble, you’ll now see the same as opportunities to embrace.
    Choose wisely and you’ll probably regret not grabbing the gamble earlier.

All the best, and hope your bank account fills up accordingly.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

All the best ST and I’m sure it will all work out fine. In the meantime take it easy and get your health back on track. That’s much more important.

MarkivJ
    Participant

[quote quote=835718]All the best ST and I’m sure it will all work out fine. In the meantime take it easy and get your health back on track. That’s much more important.
    [/quote]agree – nothing like good health. You’re a wise man LP!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls