Headphones: In Ear or Over Ear ?

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

I currently use a £38 pair if in ear ear phones purchased at Dixon’s T5. They are not noise cancelling but work perfectly well at ground level or at 38,000 feet.

The wire is metal protected so it doesn’t easily snap if caught on something.

Perfect for running….

stevescoots
    Participant

Bose over head for me. I have tried many types of in ear and ones that hook over the ear. I have never found a pair that will stay in place more than 2 minutes

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=821153]I currently use a £38 pair if in ear ear phones purchased at Dixon’s T5. They are not noise cancelling but work perfectly well at ground level or at 38,000 feet.
    [/quote]

In air phones that fit well can be very effective at blocking noise, even if not ANR.

Johnhighlander
    Participant

Used Bose over the ear noise reduction for many years and now just about to road test my new Bose (Xmas present) BT based phones so will see how they work as I suspect I will have to use the cable to connect to the IFE. I have tried in ear over many years but find I can sleep/snooze better with the Bose over ear and still wake up to my music. And unfortunately running not an issue any longer.

jsn55
    Participant

I hope you can tolerate the in-ear headphones. They make my ears positively nuts, can’t stand ’em for more than 10 minutes. If you haven’t tried them yet, I’d see if I could find some around the house/office and see if your ears will handle them.

Johnnyg
    Participant

My mother swears that she has the best noise cancelling ones, She just takes her hearing aids out,

Marc_ACB
    Participant

Off topic, but still on headphones. If you use Bluetooth headphones to connect to iPad/iPhone and the instructions are not to use these during taxi, take-off and landing. When exactly does take-off end? When can one turn these Bluetooth devices on?

I tend to go with when the crew unbuckle or plane levels out. Just something random going through my head on yesterdays flights.

K1ngston
    Participant

Marc_ACB, literally just got off a flight from India I put the headsets on as we people were boarding and at no time did anyone tell me to take them out and consequently fell asleep when we landed, no one commented so I guess its down to the discretion of the airline you are on!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls