Immigration queue at Taipei Taoyuan

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Tamsin Cocks
    Keymaster

I travelled to Taipei twice last month, flying into Taipei Taoyuan, and both times was faced with a minimum 30-minute queue at immigration.. Is this normal? I’ve heard reports that this is to be expected, but my fellow travel companions were surprised…

On the second visit, I was travelling with someone who had an APEC travel card and we were waved through the queue-free diplomatic channel and into the safety of a lounge in no time… Needless to say, my APEC card application is in the mail.

MattHo
    Participant

Pretty normal sadly depending on the time of the day. Esp. during Friday Evenings, Saturday mornings etc it is very busy given the flights from SHA/HKG etc coming in. Also the A* terminal tends to have shorter queues I realized

K1ngston
    Participant

Jasmine, if you are a UK Passport holder good luck with that!! UK Passports are not part of the APEC programme unfortunately ….

tomwjsimpson
    Participant

I flew into Taoyuan a few weeks ago and had the same experience – it seems to be normal!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls