Identification

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

• MrMichael
    Participant

ReprievedSoul, you’re right it is not hard.
    What is hard is asking staff with no empowerment to use empowerment to decide if a pax should travel without the correct ID.
    If Ryanair has decided they want photo ID for travel, that is up to them.
    Suppose a member of staff on the outward leg made a mistake and let on someone with the wrong ID……should that mean the poor sod now responsible for the return flight now exceed his/her authority by allowing someone to fly without the correct ID. I think not, low paid staff are rarely empowered to make decisions, and so ultimately the traveller is at fault for not following the terms and conditions of the ticket. That’s LoCo, I would expect a full service airline to have someone available that does have empowerment and to sort things out. I would expect the LoCo to not have the budget for such luxury, and that is why they got the ticket so cheap, because when it goes wrong, as they say in the Russian army……toughki shitski.

ReprievedSoul
    Participant

Mr Michael – you miss the fundamental point. The id offered by the lady WAS a photographic id. It is known as the Scottish Entitlement Card, or Public Service Access Card, and requires a ‘passport’ quality photograph. My own uses the same photo as my passport. It carries the name and a photo of the bearer, and an expiry date. It os machine readable, and provides the same ‘touch’ access to public bus services used like a London Oyster.
    When you consider that Ryanair will accept ‘out of date ‘europaean id cards, it beggars belief that they will not accept a universal scottish govt. photo id, to the ridiculous extent of excluding an 87-year old from the return leg of their flight.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls