Iberia Seat selection fees ?

Back to Forum
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• SwissExPat
    Participant

I have not flow Iberia since 1984 but will be using them next week for a trans atlantic from Europe to NYC via MAD. Reason : Short notice trip and I found a comparatively very favourable price routing via MAD (coming back on the more normal BA via London)

The booking is in Premiun Economy and I read some favourable reviews of the Iberia Y+ product.

However… I was able to select my seats on 3 of the 4 sectors for free (I am BAEC Gold) including the first Iberia sector into MAD but now find that they want between €13 and €25 to select a seat in Y+ ??

Further investigation reveals that a middle seat is €13 and a window/aisle is €25. Viewing the available seats a few days out from the trip indicates that only 3 of the 23 seats in Y+ are occupied.

Seems that being BAEC Gold makes no difference. Some further research suggests that I will be randomly allocated a seat at check in and then if I wanted to change it, I will need to pay the fee ?

Cant say I am impressed.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls