IAG MERGING THEIR FREQUENT FLIER PROGRAM

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

ALVAROALCAZAR
    Participant

Hi, has anyone read about the possible merging of both BA / IB frequent flier program in just one?

does it make any sense having both of them active??

thanks for suggestions

FirstTraveller
    Participant

There are a lot of speculation about this merger. However, I doubt it is going to happen soon.

travelworld
    Participant

Yes, at present it makes sense to have both active, because some of their earning partners differ, so you can earn Avios with Iberia with some partners and not on BA (and vice versa). You can combine your balances at any point so you can transfer IB Avios into BA once those points have been earned. Second, if you are flying long haul with IB on Avios the taxes you pay ex Madrid are very much less than with BA ex LHR- although you would have to ticket your London -MAD ticket separately to benefit from this.

MartinJ
    Participant

Could we please mark questions as such by using a question mark? Thank you. (For a moment I thought IAG have announced the merger of the two programmes.)

Speedbird_ABZ
    Participant

Got us all looking though! Especially with the capitals as well.

JohnHarper
    Participant

Surely it makes sense to merge from an economy and management point of view. I guess it will then be Europe’s third largest programme instead of third and about sixth.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls