Help with Multi Stop booking

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

pdwtrip
    Participant

Can anyone suggest a simple way / website to achieve:
    LHR-NRT-HKG-DUB-LHR

BA takes you from NRT back to LHR then onto HKG (crazy!)

Similarly cathay takes you from DUB back to HKG then to London

You wouldn’t think that One World exists?

flier74
    Participant

Well, sadly, your best option would be a travel agent or the likes of expedia and opodo by entering specific carriers. Unfortunately the BA or indeed any other OW websites do not offer a multi carrier booking, unless its the “owning carrier” codeshare. I guess there is no BA flight nimber available from NRT to HKG and I am still hoping the oneworld website will let you do such itineraries in the future. Maybe CX or JL woukd be the best option for your itinerary if you want to book through an airline website. It is the same on the likes of *A and skyteam, they just book silly itineraries and/or silly prices.

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

It is not really crazy although may seem so. I think your many concern is getting back to DUB but there is nothing direct from HKG to DUB therefore if you go with BA the stop will always be LHR. With One World the obvious stop on this itinerary will be LHR, even if you donĀ“t go BA and choose JL, it will be LHR and then to DUB.

Apart from OW the only way you could get back to DUB would be with EK or EY with a stop at their bases DXB or AUH. You could try LH or LX and then the stop will be at FRA/MUC or ZRH.

I think your best bet with this itinerary is Star Alliance.

Good luck!

AMcWhirter
    Participant

As others have suggested, an agent is best for this sort of itinerary.

One suggestion would to book an open jaw ticket with EK for: LHR-DXB-NRT/HND xxx HKG-DXB-LHR. (Note: DXB=Dubai ; DUB=Dublin)

Then buy a separate ticket for NRT/HND-HKG. There will be several carriers plying the route and some will charge less than the well known ones.

SimonS1
    Participant

Just go on the EK website and do it.

You can input a multi destination trip very easily and you don’t need to buy a separate ticket for the NRT-HKG leg as it will offer you a choice of various interline carriers such as All Nippon, Cathay, JAL etc for that leg as part of the same ticket.

stevescoots
    Participant

or go to Doha on OW QR/CX codeshare and onto Dubai?

AboveTheClouds
    Participant

I would try calling BA and have them put together: LHR-NRT + HKG-DUB-LHR as one open-jaw ticket and book NRT-HKG separately on any of the Asian carriers.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls