Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • The Turtle Bay Resort. It really is a gorgeous spot. Not a good base for a holiday unless you plan to golf a lot, but the fact that it’s rather remote might appeal to some. Good proximity to the Polynesian Cultural Center, which is well worth a visit. I think it’s a great place to stop for lunch and a look around while doing an around-the-island day trip. Not surprisingly, the resort has been the setting for several films and television shows, including Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Charlie’s Angels, Murder She Wrote, and Cougar Town (definitely not recommending watching at least one of those!). 🙂

Hello Binman62. Were you able to sort out flights for the Hawaii trip? I am considering a Hawaiian getaway next month (for reasons not interesting enough to explain, it’s a toss up between Oahu or Grand Cayman – we shall see), and I thought of you. Please let us know how you made out.

Best regards,

CT

Binman62
    Participant

Yes I did thanks. ohau and big island this August. I am renting a couple of houses and got a great deal on fares in recent sales. So very happy and we are all looking forward to it.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I also rented when I visited; do go diving, there is some terrific life under the waves!

I stayed at the FS for a few days, and then rented a condo:

http://www.fourseasons.com/maui/

Excellent! Very pleased to hear that Binman62. Do you mind if I ask which routing you settled on? Not that it matters – either way, I’ve no doubt it will be one of your best holidays. All the best.

Binman62
    Participant

In the end my wife insisted on the shortest route via LA with stops in each direction. I was all for a mileage/tier point run via MIA or DFW but common sense prevailed.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls