Have you received your Golden Ticket?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)

• Anonymous

Hippocampus
    Participant

Waking up at home this afternoon after resting from a bleary eyed arrival at Heathrow from Singapore this morning, the postman had delivered a Golden Ticket for me to hand to any member of BA staff delivering excellent service.

Have you received your Golden Ticket?

slotski
    Participant

Yes I received mine this morning. I was rather excited until I read the letter and then felt rather underwhelmed.

NTarrant
    Participant

Mine arrived this morning as well. I’ll tuck it in my wallett and use it if needs be. Shame there is only one though!

Hippocampus
    Participant

I think it is good initiative and a step in the right direction. It’s easy to criticise and complain but it’s important to praise when appropriate.

However, I agree a carnet of tickets would have been more useful!

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“Have you received your Golden Ticket?”

Not yet and if I do, it will go in the shredder.

I say thank you to the people who look after me and take the time to do it sincerely. Giving a ticket is *****.

If the airline wishes to this properly, it should use mystery shoppers, regularly.

Hippocampus
    Participant

“Not yet and if I do, it will go in the shredder.”

Unsurprising comment from the anti-BA agenda!

The point is the feedback from the customer gets formally recognised by the airline.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Cant really see the point of it. All reminicent of getting a gold star at school.

Starwood have a similar voucher scheme, but you get 10. I genrerally give them all to my favourite Starwood Manager and ask him to dish out as he sees fit!

NTarrant
    Participant

And I hope Martyn that he rips them up rather than giving them to staff that may not perform as they should. What you are doing is encouraging someone to reward favorite people rather than people who a customer feels they deserve recognition.

It may not be a perfect system, but we are all quick to complain but often forget to praise.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I dont need to give a gold badge to praise someone for doing a good job.

In hotels where good service has been provided, I always ask whether the GM is available for a quick chat. Its amazing how defensive they appear from the start and they sometimes seem gobsmacked that a guest has taken the time to thank them.

With the airlines, its the same. If there is exceptional service, always ask to speak to the person managing the team to thank them, thats whether its in the air or on the ground.

Giving a gold star, to me, is a little patronizing….. but thats only my opinion.

NTarrant
    Participant

I think the point is Martyn that the staff member hands these in so they get recorded. It is hardly patronising recognising good service, whilst you might have the time to chat to the manager etc, not everyone does. The biggest complaint from customer facing staff in all industries is lack of recognition for good service.

On a number of occasions I have received excellent service but have forgotten after a few flights which one it was that particular staff member excelled. Some recognistion is better than no recognition.

HongKongLady
    Participant

How many do you get ? One ? What if you think two staff are excellent can you cut it in half ?

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“Unsurprising comment from the anti-BA agenda!”

Not anti-BA, just not rabidly pro, like you.

“The point is the feedback from the customer gets formally recognised by the airline.”

According to some in the know on FT (i.e. BA crew), at least some of these vouchers will never get to the airline.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

MartynSinclair – 03/02/2013 00:00 GMT

I support every word you wrote in this post, it exactly describes how I feel.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls