Goodbye Openskies

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

IAG’s Level will replace Openskies (BA’s Orly-based transatlantic airline) at Paris in 2018.

This report from Germany’s Aerotelegraph.com reveals that Level will be flying ex-Paris Orly to Montreal, New York Newark, Guadeloupe and Martinique.

Start date is July 2018. Level will operate A330-200s with 293 economy and 21 premium economy seats.

Level startet bald auch in Paris

StephenLondon
    Participant

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-28/iag-chooses-paris-as-second-base-for-low-cost-airline-level

I liked OpenSkies…used them a couple of times and enjoyed the service, which was a notch above normal BA Club World. Orly (including the lounge) was a bit of a pit, but was easy to navigate through.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Whether LEVEL is good or not (I can t tell as I have not sampled it), but to me the disappearance of Openskies is very bad news !!!

The Openskies experience has always been a favorite of mine over the pond !

The convenience offered by Orly (easily accessible from Paris), the easiness of navigating around and the onboard experience (offering the feeling of a semi private jet) with 114 pax on board (20+28+66) in three classes all offered a very ery civilized experience !! easy to board, fast to deplane, easy to collect your bag and run to Paris ….no other product was as swift as Openskies ever.

I always believed in it and backed it ..I flew it several times and will do so from now till July before it vanishes !!!! so sad !

I don t think LEVEL will offer a similar standard of product to the Premium Plus ( my favorite cabin ); I do prefer it to many other airlines business classes !!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls