Good QR 2-4-1 J sale.

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• rferguson
    Participant

Hi folks,

For any of you that might be looking for good value J class seats to OZ/Asia QR are running a ’20th Anniversary sale’ from some countries.

Headline fares include ARN-SYD/AKL for around £1300 rtn. ARN-SIN for around £1k rtn. HEL-BKK for around £970.

Availability varies but some routes have these sale fares right up until SEP ’18.

Europe – Asia is typically 560 Tier Points round trip and Europe – OZ/NZ 640.

The only caveat is you’ll need to take a friend to get these fares. You’ll only see them online if you enter two passengers in the search field.

Chutzpahflyer
    Participant

So what do I have to do to get these fares? I just tried LHR-SYD outbound, MEL-LHR inbound, 2 people in business, total fare around £6k… is LHR not covered in this sale?

MarkivJ
    Participant

LHR rarely, almost never is. I’ve seen the ME3 seem to have the best J deals ex Scandinavia or Brussels!

lesmclaren
    Participant

Agree that the best fares seem to be with flights originating from Scandinavia.
    I booked Oslo to Auckland early November for outbound mid December 2017, return mid January 2018 [i.e. prime time of the year] and got business class for £1998 each and only one stop over.
    Never flown with QR but always heard very good things about them.

SGJNI1961
    Participant

I have also taken the benefit of this sale and was able to book ARN-SIN next October for 3 pax at the sale fare of £995pp J rtn! Couldn’t find any real bargains ex DUB but OSL, HEL and ARN were very easy, you just have to watch the connection times at DOH which are sometime rather too long. I think it’s
    not a good idea to search open jaw tickets in the sale, never seems to bring up the better sale fares for me.

MarkivJ
    Participant

Can I just say how jealous I am of you lot! Whilst I’ll be spending my November getting the kitchen sink replaced and wooden flooring installed here in rainy ol’ Seattle!

lesmclaren
    Participant

Hi Markiv. Yep know what you mean, I live in Norway and am really looking forward to spending the holidays on the beach with my kids and grandkids rather than the cold and snow of home (although that has its attractions but not every year! ).

donkeyasia
    Participant

May I make a small request that I am sure all forum readers would appreciate. On the introduction from rferguson, you quote some very attractive fares. Presumably these are the individual flight costs for each of the two passengers. However it would help enormously if we know the dates of these fares, as I have looked at everyday from 10th November to 20th February for HEL-BKK with a return two weeks later, and nothing like the £970 quoted come through. Please keep the information coming, but some qualification would be appreciated.

lesmclaren
    Participant

Donkeyasia – RF was just quoting the offer made by Qatar not a specific booking he had made!
    My guess is that these prices were so good that the various routing / time availability you are looking at has already sold out as for sure there would have been limited availability like all special offers.

Shandy01
    Participant

There is wide availability for ARN-various Asian destinations over the next 12 months or so using (ARN-SIN is approx. £950 for example CPH & OSL a little more). You need to use the offer code QR20YEARS. This is not a companion offer either. Some decent exLHR fares too – LHR to RGN coming out at about £1500.

rferguson
    Participant

@ donkeyasia
    Respectfully, I am not running a travel consultancy service from this forum. I nabbed a great deal and simply passed on the fact that Qatar is having a sale to other forum users.

I included all the pivotal information in my opening post – the fact it’s 2-4-1, the fact it is only from some european countries, some examples of city pairs and the time the deal is on offer to.

There is absolutely no point in me detailing a fare between certain city pairs on certain dates. It would have been out of date within hours. Many of the availability was being snapped up rapidly and fares were changing hour by hour.

If you want to find a deal I suggest you do as I did – read the blogs (Ft Premium Fare deals etc) and then sit yourself in front of the search engines (kayak, google flights, ITA matrix although Kayak is my personal favourite) and play around with dates and routes.

Happy searching.

Polly
    Participant

@donkeyasia,

As rferguson says, it’s each person to it’s own. We also nabbed ARN to SIN, but it does take painful hours of searching. You then hop around Asia using local airlines, like air Asia,,or MAS or SIA or CX depending where you land. These are EX EU J fares as known in the industry. You do have to be able to buy positioning flights as it were to any major EU departing hub. Best quoted fares were the ARN SIN one. With a layover in Doha. This too can vary, also depends on which aircraft you prefer to fly on. Lots of availability right through to next Oct 2018. These are NOT UK departure flights. They are more than double the cost departing from the UK. You can get an open jaw fare which can return to the uk directly for a further couple of hundred pounds. So you do have to chose multi city, and look for the red biz promo fares. It finishes tomorrow, so be quick. The QR website is also difficult to negotiate, it used to be much better, but the tinkering has made it much worse. You could call up and ask them to book for you too.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls