Good BA F fares LHR-USA.

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• rferguson
    Participant

Merry christmas folks.

BA seems to be having a First Class sale at the moment.

I know it isn’t unusual to find heavily discounted fares starting in the continent but BA has some great FIRST fares at the moment for flights originating at LHR.

They seem available to NYC, Philly, Chicago and Nashville and require a Saturday night stay.

The average price seems to be around £2k return via ba.com although around May there seems to be better discounts. For example, LHR-JFK 25MAY, returning 02JUN at a crazy £1,641 return in First via TravelTrolley.

https://www.traveltrolley.co.uk/BookFlightSK.aspx?DestinationFrom=LHR&StartDate=26&StartMonth=0518&DestinationTo=JFK&DestTo=JFK&EndDate=02&EndMonth=0618&AdultCnt=1&Childcnt=0&InfantCnt=0&AirLineCode=&Cabin=All&triptype=ROUNDTRIP&trkid=KYK&DFLT=False&Fname=KYK877711725122017-767282-747075-6&itmid=0&DFLT=false&request_id=&ipAddress=79.71.167.141

I know there are various opinions on whether BA is ‘worth it’ or not but I consider it a stellar deal especially when J class is rarely around that price point, travel originating in London, Concorde Room both ends, higher tier points.

SwissExPat
    Participant

Thanks @rFerguson

I have taken a look and this will certainly influence my decision on purchases for my NYC trips in 2018.

Even in Ba.com there are FIRST returns ex LHR for stg 2100.

If I wanted the F cabin, then it would make a substantial saving for me to aviod the Ex Europe fares which are double (in F). using Avios I will do single journey into LHR and then connect.

The savings in Y+ are not there but in F it makes lots of sense. F is only stg 200 more than J each way on almost all the dates I looked at. [the normal J to F cash upgrade price which I often used to buy at LHR is in the region of stg 450]. However there is IMHO significant value in KNOWING That you have a F booking and that you can look forward to the CCR experience. [ok NOT SWISS or LH levels but certainly better that J]

Many Thanks

capetonianm
    Participant

Traveltrolley (aka Southall Travel) have many bad reviews. I appreciate that very often these are from people who didn’t read the ‘terms’ and then want to get their own way, and don’t. Generally I’d rather spend a bit more to book with the carrier direct or with one of the better known OLTAs – who also impose their own charges and conditions on top of those of the airline.

Ah,Mr.Bond
    Participant

@capetonianm – Traveltrolley/Southall [Flysharp is another of their brands] are perfectly fine… SO LONG … as you travel on exactly what you booked. Don’t try and change/cancel anything. Get your airline locator and keep a watchful eye yourself for any schedule changes etc, don’t rely on them to tell you. Ive used them and saved 200 quid over other agents on a QR J class ticket.
    At least they have their HQ office in the UK, unlike MANY other agents on these comparison sites…. those you have to watch out for.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls