Golden Open View Bar & Restaurant, Florence, Italy

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

uggboylovestravel
    Participant

On our first day in Florence we went exploring a bit and found by good luck the Golden View Open Bar & Restaurant for lunch.

It is just off the Ponte Vecchio and overlooks the Arno. We choose it, because it was in a classic building, but the interior was modern with clean cut lines and had reasonable prices, plus that glorious views over the river, opening up the classical architecture of Florence before our eyes.

We were surprised how much space there was, when the waiter brought us to the back, walking along the stylish Bar area, where we found a large dining room.

We were offered a seat with a view over the river, which we gladly took. All glass doors leading to the terrace were open, allowing a breeze to come in. The table was on the smaller side, covered with white table cloth. The dining room looked elegant with contemporary artwork on the walls and was kept in white and silver. Pretty soon the menu arrived.

We had a wonderful and refreshing Aperol Spritz, a bottle of still San Benedetto water, Insalata Ponte Vecchio and a Fuego Pizza. The salad was made with green leaves, local ham, olives, parmesan shavings, courgette and crusty bread. Regional extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper were provided, so that I could make my own dressing. The pizza was topped with spicy pepperoni, tomato sauce, cheese, peppers and a lot of red onions. Everything was delicious and fresh.

The staff was attentive, not intrusive, which is always a plus and made us feel very welcome.

Cost were 56.50 Euro (ca. 78 USD) including cover charge.

We are going to return definitely when we are in town again.

Would we recommend this restaurant to a friend? YES!
    Would we have lunch / dinner again in this restaurant? YES!

Hello uggboy

Would I recommend your reviews? YES

uggboylovestravel
    Participant

Thanks alexpo1. That’s a great compliment.

CarlaDevis
    Participant

Hi uggboy,

You have shared great experience..I don’t know why, but strangers always seem to find the best places! I live in Florence, and I? never even entered at this once. But I know its a very famous bar-restaurant in Florence because I have heard so much about this place. I would also want to go there..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls