Gold members allowed extra guests during holidays

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• BugAdvisor
    Participant

I flew LHR-PRG on Friday 6th April and visited the First Lounge in T3 (alone). Then I had an idea about the best use of the ‘extra five’ benefit. I asked the lounge reception desk if there were any special assistance passengers on my flight and if there were, then perhaps they could arrange for them to visit the lounge and I’d sign them in.
    If anyone has seen the waiting area for special assistance passengers in T3, you’ll recognise how even the much maligned T3 BA First Lounge would be appreciated.
    The BA staff were quite enthusiastic about the idea and set about checking the flight manifest. They visited me about ten minutes later to advise that there weren’t any.
    I won’t be flying before this lounge benefit ends – but I encourage any other Gold members who are flying this week to try and arrange something similar.
    And here’s a great Christmas advert idea that I’m offering airlines for free: BA/Virgin/Other Airline staff pay a surprise visit to the special assistance area. Invite everyone to the lounge, pour champagne, maybe give small presents etc. Not a dry eye in the house.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Mindful of the policy, I booked my last outbound to the ME with Qantas, avoided T5 and visited the excellent Cathay lounge in T3, which was a haven of tranquility.

Whilst Bugadvisor’s sentiment is laudible, I am reminded of the withdrawal of open doors access for GCH, when BA management felt it was being abused, so if people do value the extra guests in holiday seasons (which I do not), then I’d suggest not doing anything that could be interpreted as abusive of the gesture.

FlightDoctor
    Participant

Flew from T5 last week as a family of 4. We were (unusually) flying CE and, whilst we were able to check in at the First zone, this interim policy did not benefit us in practice as there was no access to the First Wing and Lounge so we used the Galleries lounge as our ticket entitled us to.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls