Glasgow to Orlando/Orlando to glasgow

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

george3
    Participant

Has anyone done VA Upper Class on this route?
    Is the service as good as it is from London?

GregPik
    Participant

Hi there, the service should be exactly the same as any flight out of London. the crew operating these flights are London based crew who live near Glasgow. Catering/IFE/service should all be the same.

george3
    Participant

Thanks for that. Lets hope so.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Same as London Gatwick or London Heathrow service? The last time I used VS, Gatwick and Heathrow services were not the same… Even the new 330 from Gatwick differs…

GregPik
    Participant

The GLA flights are all operated by LGW aircraft. The J section is smaller but the suite is the same as LHR. IFE is the latest Vera Touch system and the Upper Class service generally the same as on the LHR 744 with slight differences. All A330’s will be in the standard 33J/48W/185Y config by the end of summer season. Three remaining at LGW to operate selected Caribbean routes.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

george3 – 04/06/2013 15:44 GMT
    Has anyone done VA Upper Class on this route?
    Is the service as good as it is from London?

Hi George

Indeed I have done this route a few times, although they stopped it for a while when they replaced the 747 with a 2 class plane, Airbus something or other. In fact, last time I flew this route I met a lovely couple from my home town who I am still in contact with! (Turns out we were to both be staying at The Grand Floridian and we met for dinner etc)

If it is the 747, you are in for the seating in the nose of the plane with the Virgin bar, comfy seats, nice small cabin and decent food. The downside (and it is only a modest one) is that the lounge they use is that dreadful Servisair one….it is THE worst lounge I’ve been in bar none.

Good to know this route is back on in Upper Class, I would heartily recommend it, every bit as good as the UC from anywhere. I flew with them to San Fran/LAX a few years ago in a much larger Upper Class cabin and didn’t enjoy it nearly as much, I far prefer the exclusivity of the jumbo’s nose.

Rgds.
    AOTG.

george3
    Participant

Thanks for the replies, appreciated.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls