Getting a second UK passport

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 121 through 124 (of 124 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

I got mine by premier service.

blooming_nicki
    Participant

This is all very random. After deciding how to proceed I call again and that lady gave me an appointment for a 1-day service without hesitation. I’ll keep you posted.

Tokyogreen
    Participant

Blooming-nicki, I don’t quite understand what you mean. You mean you can’t use the premier service to apply for a second passport, but that someone else can do it on your behalf?

I did it myself about 2 months ago (actually using Fast Track) and had the new passport in 4 hours.

I still think there are potential disadvantages in not doing it the quickest way possible. That means that the staff have to make the decision on the spot and can see you face-to-face. The more time they have, the more time they have to find a problem with the justification letter. Also, if a third party does it for you, doesn’t it mean that the Application Form (which is presumably signed by the passport-holder-to-be) can’t be altered; in other words it has to be 100% correct from the start. I had to make a change to mine, which I was able to do (and initial) on the spot.

Anyway, I hope it will go well. Let us know in a week’s time!

blooming_nicki
    Participant

Blooming-nicki, I don’t quite understand what you mean. You mean you can’t use the premier service to apply for a second passport, but that someone else can do it on your behalf?

Dear Tokyogreen, yes, that is correct. That’s what the officer told me on the phone.
    I was so confused that I thanked the guy and hung up.

When I called 15 minutes later I spoke to someone else, and she offered me the 1-day service, so I hope that works.

Fingers crossed….

Viewing 4 posts - 121 through 124 (of 124 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls