for the addicts out there

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

stevescoots
    Participant

Just spotted the new smoking area past security at LHR T4, right beside gate 1 πŸ™‚

As smoking areas go its a bit noisy, right next to the main baggage roadway, but at least it has outdoor heaters! well done BAA, finally some common sense for us addicts!

btw, the new security area using the T5 style scanners…thumbs down. no fast track scanner and slower than the older ones. I see they have not finished so hopefully fast track will reappear

Thanks for info. stevescoots. I am quite surprised.

The last time I used LHR T4 was in 2007 and there was definitely a smoking area then before my departure to Colombo.

Do you think this will be extended to other Heathrow terminals?

stevescoots
    Participant

The smoking ban started in July 2007, so it probably got closed then. i remember the smoking areas in BA lounges at the time. for other terminals I do not know if they will, it probably depends if they have a easy access secure outdoor area which T4 has.

I will be using it on Monday, and hopefully they will have finished the scanner upgrades as well

ImissConcorde
    Participant

I would be surprised if the outside smoking area is allowed to continue. Too much in the way of aviation fuel fumes in the air.

stevescoots
    Participant

its just been opened, so i doubt its closing anytime soon

ImissConcorde
    Participant

It would appear to be for e-cigs rather than normal tobacco products.

http://www.cyclopsvapor.com/heathrow-airport-offers-first-ever-vaping-zone/

A new zone for Vapers recently opened at Heathrow Airport, and it has been billed as the first indoor airport venue where passengers can enjoy e-cigarettes in the International Departures Lounge of Terminal 4 at London Heathrow. The so-called β€œvaping zone,” adjacent to the duty-free shops, lets fliers smoke e-cigarettes and relax in a vape-friendly area.

stevescoots
    Participant

yep, that one is for e smokes but “real” the smoking one is outside, left at Gate 1 and down 2 flights of stairs to the outside, its signposted at G1.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Hopefully the sign posts direct smokers near to the edge of the M4 or M25 as possible πŸ™‚

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Can anyone tell me if they sell cigars at AMS and if so where as I’d like to pre-order and pay for them for someone to collect for me.

Don’t worry Martyn, I’ll be smoking them in S. Africa so I doubt the aromatic smell will disturb you πŸ˜‰

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls