For a few DOLLAR’s more

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

Cwyfan
    Participant

It is shameful the way that carhire companies are ripping off visitors to the US by adding on extras.

My latest hiring, through AutoEurope, was with Dollar in Atlanta, where they tried to con me that I had to have a toll pass on the car, as some toll roads were now cash free.

Only when I was told that it would cost around $85 dollars, preloaded with non-refundable credit did I decline it, despite the pressure of the threat of any unpaid tolls attracting heavy premiums on my credit card.

If you want to offer this option, surely ity should be for the customer to decide the preload level.

Just another way of bleeding customers like their prepaid fuel which is high cost, and non-refundable.

Shame on you Dollar, and AutoEurope for giving them my business.

VintageKrug
    Participant

DOLLARS

Quite appalling they would pre-load to that extent; whenever I do this with Hertz or Avis, they just send the bill via my cc later for the tolls used (plus the daily fee).

Binman62
    Participant

Similar experience with Alamo in SFO as I arrived just after the Golden gate went cashless. Lots of pushing for this to be taken but fortunately I knew where the tolls were and that you pay only when coming into the city not going out……not that I was using that route.

Does seem that another solution to this issue is required.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

Beware of continuing scams involving Italian car hire operators. A couple of years back, we hired through Eurocar in Verona and the local operator proceeded to submit multiple invoices on Snr Management’s C/C. We had these stopped and refunded but it was literally £hundreds that they were attempting to con out of us. Moral of story: look carefully at the monthly statement and don’t hesitate to raise queries with your card company.

Cwyfan
    Participant

VK

In your experience, what is a reasonable daily fee?

I have several trips to the USA this year, and want to be treated fairly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls