Flight compensation

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

As a response to events like the Delta meltdown of a few months ago and the various BA events (including now, the one we are currently debating), we are preparing a series of articles on flight compensation, your right, denied boarding and experiences of the claim process.

As you’d imagine we also receive a lot of emails from both readers asking advice.

If anyone has had success with organisations or companies who help with complicated claims, please let us know.

There’s some useful information from Bott & Co

British Airways Flight Cancellations: Your Guide to Claiming
    reviewed here
    Money Saving Expert
    But of course there are many others which is one of many no win no fee companies such as AirHelp

Some other companies were also recommended in those older threads
    Have you ever received compensation for a delayed or cancelled flight?

Delayed flight – compensation?https://www.businesstraveller.com/forums/topic/delayed-flight-compensation/

SwissExPat
    Participant

I had two full €600 claims processed with British Airways in the last 18 months. Both were done using the BA online application process. I was refunded directly within 2 weeks. Process was efficient and courteous.

capetonianm
    Participant

My experience has been somewhat less happy with BA. I have successfully fought a number of EU261/2004 claims on behalf of friends and family over the last few years. Putting it nicely, BA are amongst the more ‘creative’ when it comes to finding reasons not to pay. The worst, their sister company IB.

The best have been EZY and, perhaps surprisingly, AF.

In one case with BA, the passenger was denied boarding due to overbooking on a CPT LHR, and given a Visa card for about £200, given a night in a hotel and a voucher for dinner. He arrived home 24 hours late. I told him he was entitled to €600 equivalent as well as the hotel and meal expenses. It took two letters to BA before they coughed up in full.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls