First time with Ryanair – Will be the last

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 94 total)

• MarcusGB
    Participant

Indeed Charles.
    I have spoken to many Dutch on the LCY Amsterdam route, last year shocked at the dirty and old CityJet Aircraft. “we do not expect this standard, paying high prices for KLM, and be put on this”, was one Family’s expression. I also have used Alco-gel on Cityjet flights.

I actively avoid these Contracted Cityjet flights, compared to the new Embraer 190’s from KLM. What a difference in paying the same fare and the experience. All the positives of the well liked Embraer Aircraft, and a decent sandwich, selection of drinks and a great KLM coffee, one of the best in Europe. The space is terrific, especially in the Economy Comfort zone.

How do Ryanair compare to Easyjet. perhaps a similar experience?

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Those Cityjet aircraft are going to be around for longer than planned.

http://atwonline.com/airframes/cityjet-slows-avro-disposals

FaroFlyer
    Participant

Must say that I agree with FDOS that to judge an airline on one flight is not typical of business travel. Without resorting to spreadsheets I am not certain of how many Ryanair flights I have taken in the last 5 years, but I would estimate it will exceed 20, and I never noticed a particularly dirty aircraft. Yes, seats are not brilliant, but which airline seat is? I guess that I prefer Monarch leg room seats as at least you can stretch your legs even if the seat is not what I would choose.

As an aside, yesterday I did LIS to MXP on EasyJet and they had no sandwiches on the flight, which was a return to base flight. I had expected to buy a Meal Deal for £7.00 and have a cold Heineken, Pringles and a sandwich. No sandwiches available, and I was row 3, so I had a warm Heineken and Pringles for £6.30, saving £0.70 by not having a sandwich. Puts BA buy on board in perspective.

summerfly
    Participant

Over the last 15 years I have flown with Ryanair approximately 200 times (lucky me) and have started my trip either at Bristol or Stansted, flying to small regional airports around Europe. I have found crews to be more professional on flights from BRS and cabin standards have been acceptable on all of my flights. I agree with posts that Ryanair are quite creative in the description of their destination, however, I have always used Ryanair if they fly to a small airport near where I need to get to.

Charles-P
    Participant

Following an unpleasant telephone call earlier today with an individual who claimed to be a Ryanair “legal representative” I have, after advice from my solicitor in London, been advised not to comment further beyond saying a recording of the call has been passed to the relevant regulatory bodies in Ireland, Germany and Belgium.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

As hinted at in my post 811266, this alleged contact would not be entirely surprising.

Charles-P
    Participant

Good news – my solicitor has called back and after conferring with colleagues he says there is no reason whatsoever why I should not publish details of my call. I have asked a transcription service I know to provide a written record of the call which I will post when it’s finished.

capetonianm
    Participant

I look forward to that, as I was once in a similar situation with SAA over an article I had written. They backed down.

TiredOldHack2
    Participant

[quote quote=811053]I still put my reading material down and pretend I’m listening, just as a matter of courtesy to the crew.[/quote]

Ditto, and I agree with your comments completely.

Intheair
    Blocked

CharlesP

Please, please post the transcript.

Bad service from corporates is bad enough – attempted, probably ignorant bullying is another.

Good on you

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

[quote quote=812537]I just had a call from someone at Ryanair saying they had seen my post here at BT and asking when I would be free for an “in depth conversation”.

The power of the BT forum is strong indeed !

[/quote]

How did they get hold of your private contact details Charles?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=813352]CharlesP

Please, please post the transcript.

Bad service from corporates is bad enough – attempted, probably ignorant bullying is another.

Good on you

[/quote]

No doubt the transcription of a long call will take a while, so we will have to be patient.

However, I’ll reserve my conclusions until I’ve read it – ‘ignorant bullying’ is a very strong statement without knowledge of what was said.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Looking forward to seeing the transcript.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

The bureau must be busy, still looking forward to reading the transcript.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Tom Otley/Mark Caswell

This use of the ‘inappropriate button’ is getting ridiculous.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 94 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls