First Lounge at LHR

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

• Papillion53
    Participant

Thanks for the heads up Binman62. I do find it sad to hear when good people have gone.

So we enjoyed our experience in the First lounge at T3, didn’t miss the Concorde Room at all! 😉

Had a lovely pre-boarding dinner of grilled salmon fillet with a herby couscous, the healthy option. Staff throughout the lounge very accommodating.

I’ll just add that we had OF out and will be the same plane to SYD, but it was clean and only 8 pax in F. According to the CC, CW was full, not sure about the other cabins, as didn’t go out through the blue curtain.

Had VK’ s recommended choccie fondant – so rich, so Devine, but no way could I have eaten two! That was all I had, changed into my PJs – and they had the right size, so no tantrums from Mrs P!

The CSD came round and introduced herself, followed by the CC who were really great – we were very well looked after.

I was in 3A with he who snores upwind in 2A, but as both 1A and 1K were free, I had my boudoir in 1A and my breakfast in 1K – you would have been proud of me guys! LOL! I was extremely comfortable, had a good sleep and am now sitting in the Qantas/BA lounge in SIN having had a freshening shower, in clean facilities.

Have a great day wherever you are in our world. 🙂

IanFromHKG
    Participant

papillion53 – given the BA/QF lounge renovations, you might be better off in the CX Skyview lounge!

Travellator – actually the name signifies that I often travel FROM Hong Kong – been based here for almost 20 years now. Thanks for the tip, but we tend to stick with the non-stops (BA, which the memsahib prefers for some unfathomable reason, or CX which is much better!). Our usual MO is to use the old Asia Miles to upgrade from economy to business since, as you imply, the J tickets are hideously expensive. We reckon that is the best bang-for-buck to get with airline miles on our travels

PatrickColeman
    Participant

You can access the BA First Class Lounge or any of the other BA Galeries in Terminal 5 if you are AA Executive Platinum. You cannot access the Concord Lounge as you have to a first class ticket, but you are not missing out, as the Concord Lounge is not that exclusive I assure you.

VintageKrug
    Participant

There’s no such thing as a “Concord Lounge” at T5.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Using avios reward booking to bring a client to London from Europe.Client has no status with one world or BAEC. I am not travelling with the passenger.

Passenger does not have access to free seat reservation but interestingly DOES have access to BAEC lounges both ends.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I am not surprised by that, Martyn – free seat reservations come with the passenger’s FF status, lounge access comes with booked class of travel. In the days when the memsahib didn’t have status of her own but was using upgrade redemption tickets (either on BA or CX) she would always get lounge access

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Hi Ian – booked class, this was an economy booking – must have connected to my Gold status. So a non status passenger gets in, yet G-d forbid a Gold card holder tries to use the lounge with wife + son, RED CARD at the door!!

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Yes, that is bizarre!!

As to the Gold Card guest privileges – I am surprised. CX give Diamond members (Gold equivalent) two guests (smug smug smug) and I assumed other oneworld airlines did the same. Mind you, we get Anytime Access too… Hehehehehe

PatrickColeman
    Participant

Well you obviously don’t use Heathrow T5, as I assure you there is a Concord Room/Lounge. Visit BA website and see for your self. DT

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Patrick, VK is simply being (unnecessarily) pedantic. It is the Concorde Room.

JohnPhelanAustralia
    Participant

Patrick, his comment was a reference to the name being incorrect – it is the Concorde (with an ‘e’ at the end) Room, not the “Concord Lounge”.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Ian….Concorde Lounge….Concorde does not need “The”, according to Noel Edmonds anyway (do I really need to find the You Tube clip as reference????)

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Well, I can’t see how that would work unless you were a Northerner (Eyup lass, Ah’m just going to Concorde Room now). For us soft southerners, one would always have to refer to “the” Concorde Room!! Hahahaha

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Apparently, according to Noel Edmonds, “Concorde” has such impact,it doesnt need “the” infront of it.

I am sure one the threads English teachers would be able to comment further and I will try and find a You Tube clip.

TominScotland
    Participant

I take it, Ian_from_HKG, that as a soft southerner from HKG you mean you hail from Stanley or Lamma island? Not sure how ‘Eyup lass, Ah’m just going to Concorde Room now’ translates into Cantonese?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls