First Class Crying Baby bumped off Flight

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)

• Cashsuds
    Participant

Oops. Mkcol74
    I mean anyone travelling with kids. By that I mean anyone. No prejudice here.

flyingdutchman1
    Participant

Came from South Africa, Cape Town last year and yes, a crying baby in Biz KLM.
    Just when baby got quiet during dinner, the man next to me had 2 after dinner drinks and fell asleep, SNORING like there was no tomorrow, SO
    no more babies on board flights AND ban men over 70 !

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=784583]Oops. Mkcol74
    I mean anyone travelling with kids. By that I mean anyone. No prejudice here.

[/quote]

Oh, the irony (albeit unintended).

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=784663]Came from South Africa, Cape Town last year and yes, a crying baby in Biz KLM.
    Just when baby got quiet during dinner, the man next to me had 2 after dinner drinks and fell asleep, SNORING like there was no tomorrow, SO
    no more babies on board flights AND ban men over 70 !

[/quote]

How about taking a private jet and leaving public transport to the plebs?

Charles-P
    Participant

flyingdutchman1 – your comment about snoring hit a little too close to home for me as that is something my wife has been complaining I do after one too many whiskies on transatlantic flights. She describes it as, “sleeping next to a bear” ! It make me wonder how many times I must have kept others awake in the past.

With regard to babies on flights we took a decision when our children were born to never fly with them until they were at least two years old, in my view airlines and babies do not mix well.

ScottWilson
    Participant

My favourite was a man in seat 1A on Austrian in long haul business class who snored so loudly I could hear it in row 5. He had fallen asleep in upright seat mode, and stayed that way for hours, never waking up and never putting his seat into lie flat mode. Cabin crew eventually intervened as he was keeping the cabin awake.

Ah,Mr.Bond
    Participant

Hmm, I wrote a similar thread about babies in premium cabins on here a few years ago and got absolutely ripped to shreds for airing such views!…… Indeed… WELL DONE DL.

Charles-P
    Participant

‘Ah,Mr.Bond’ – It’s a contentious issue to be sure. Rather like animal rights, breast feeding and Brexit people hold very entrenched views.

JohnHarper
    Participant

Hmm, my view is that babies, children and their parents should be seated in economy class filled from the back.

That said you can get some very bratish adults in the premium cabins and they are just as bad. I may have recounted this before but quite a few years ago Mrs JH and I were in F and a then young but now retired footballer was in the cabin and his behaviour was atrocious towards the crew and unpleasant towards others, the problem of young, new money and no breeding.

Anyway, Mrs JH who in her earlier life was a ward sister on children’s wards and has dealt with enough bad behaviour in her life, she decided enough was enough, she pulled herself to her full five feet in height and delivered a piece of her mind and I have to say I was nervous of his reaction. The lad sat stunned, she returned to sit down and the crew brought her a glass of champagne. The next time the lad moved was to come and kneel beside her and apologise, she was unforgiving and made him apologise to the crew and the others in the cabin and only then did she accept his apology. He sat quietly for the rest of the flight and still sends us a Christmas card.

So the crew should not tolerate poor behaviour from anyone but sometimes their only way to cope is to anticipate the disruption to others and off load. Mrs JH isn’t on every flight!

jsn55
    Participant

At first blush this is an awful situation. But, after looking at the link provided, I suspect there’s a little more to it than an ‘innocent mom’ and an upset baby. I’ve surely seen plenty of parents ignore their children on flights. If she didn’t take steps to comfort and quiet the baby, then she definitely deserves to be moved out of FC. But I don’t think that this action is “legal” and we’ll soon see her cavorting all over the media as she files a big fat lawsuit against the airline. All the tree-huggers will be supporting her, that’s for sure; they’d like nothing better than to abolish first class.

As an American, I am astonished that y’all think it could only happen here. Where does that thinking come from? I am not upset, merely curious.

Cashsuds
    Participant

Charles P.
    You are a responsible parent. And care for your kids and I wish many other parents think like you and wait for a more appropriate time to get kids on board.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

There’s more to this than meets the eye I think. She’s a fashion blogger. What a great story to put her more in the public eye and get more followers or whatever it is they crave?

Cloud-9
    Participant

This woman says that she was in tears when she was asked to move to Y as her husband paid for her to travel in F -as if it was a treat – so that the baby would be able to lay down.

As she and her husband are both very popular bloggers – and therefore used to manipulating the media – I suspect cynicism in this story.

Good for DL

Flightlevel
    Participant

She still got the advertising or publicity so I’m pleased we have no fashion bloggers here, probably no fashionable bloggers either!

Tom Otley
    Keymaster
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls