Fantasy airline league

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• JamesTC
    Participant

Departing airport: Changi
    Lounge: Virgin Clubhouse at Heathrow
    Aircraft: A350
    Seat: Etihad’s The Residence. Boeing 747 seats 1A and 1K get an honorary commendation.
    In-flight catering: Air France
    Route: Overnight Heathrow to Cape Town (waking up to a view of Table Mountain and no jet-lag)
    Cabin crew: British Caledonian
    IFE: The days when Virgin had an on board masseuse and fashion shows
    Airport arrival: Sabi Sabi airstrip (a quick flypast to check for any wildlife on the runway, then straight off the aircraft to a waiting land rover and a cool Gin and Tonic)

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thank you Canucklad, and may we one day find ourselves next to each other on a plane to somewhere.
    I’d like to amend my meal choice, to caviar with the trimmings and plenty of it please!

cwoodward
    Participant

Being based in Asia for the past 40 years my take on this is perhaps just a little different from most
    Based on F if available or J if not

Departure airport: HK
    Airline: CX UL ANZ
    Cabin: Left or left+ forward
    Lounge: The Pier F unequaled
    Aircraft: A350 the best new aircraft in the last 25 years by a mile
    Boarding Procedure: Hong Kong S’pore LHR
    Seat Location: Window front
    Seat: CX F CX J
    Seat neighbor: F = None. If in J with no single seating = Tom or Alex would be a hoot, great stories and experiences over many years to share (embellish = me)
    Cabin Crew: Cathay. If not most Asian legacy airlines. (never a crew from the sand pit = frightened rabbits and zero conversation)
    Pilots: CX QF BA ANZ In any order
    Inflight Food: UL ANZ CX SQ in that order
    IFE: CX (consistently better)
    Drinks wine: SQ CX (ANZ for new world wines)
    Arrival airport: Hong Kong
    Arrival Immigration: Hong Kong fast – efficient
    Baggage arrival: Hong Kong – Auckland- Sumi (LHR = Horrible Manchester even worse
    Arrival Immigration: HKG as its home fast easy

IanFromHKG
    Participant

What a wonderful idea

To the airport: VS Range Rover to airport, in-car check-in
    Airport: Koh Samui c. 10 years ago – grass huts, no queues
    Lounge: CX The Pier F except for the restaurant section, Sydney QF F
    Transfer to aircraft – old Koh Samui again, where they clearly made their own buses with whatever was available, including a single wheel with handle to allow steering ship-style, and marine throttle levers. Never ceased to make me smile
    Aircraft: A350
    Seat: CX F is the best I’ve had so far, Edithad’s The residence would be lovely to try, especially if I was (ahem) accompanied
    Crew: CX F
    Catering: Hong Kong Club
    Drink: Salon champagne (never tried, but it is the occasional vintage produced by the house of Delamotte, a personal favourite, and I can’t help but think it must be even better!), Louis Latour Montagny Premier Cru, and TWG Gentlemen’s Earl Grey (the one in the oddly unmasculine pink tin)
    Route: Long-haul, maybe London-Sydney so I can get the best of daytime and nighttime travelling
    Onboard showers: EK (Again never tried, but I have to)
    IFE: Studio CX plus whatever I have on my phone/laptop
    Arrival airport – anywhere without miles of cramped corridors, surly staff, long queues or long waits for luggage.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Thanks David. Hopefully conversation wouldn’t be all travel & planes as much as I enjoy the topic!

To the airport: From Brighton – A Southern Service on time and not cancelled.
    Airport: Gatwick – it’s near home and I actually don’t mind it!
    Lounge: Etihad. Although any lounge with enough seats is a good start!
    Transfer to aircraft – I’m walking if I can
    Aircraft: A380
    Seat: EY J / EK F (lots of others I’d happily try)
    Seat Neighbours: I’ll take the whole cabin with family & friends!
    Bar: Emirates A380 Bar
    Crew: VS J (were excellent on my recent flight to MBJ)
    Catering: Just have to accept it will never match on the ground. Chilli Pickle for a curry on board!
    Drink: G&T with a few Gins to try and some decent Brandies. Pushing it to get a Pint of Harveys or Hophead onboard!
    Route: Long-haul, to the Indian Ocean (direct)
    IFE: EK
    Arrival airport – I guess the Indian Ocean then (MLE/MRU/SEZ)

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls