Eurostar .. To and from Paris

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

Bullfrog
    Participant

The carriages are certainly looking their 20 year age. The interiors may have been refurbished, but are also tired. I recently paid £ 270 for a Standard Premier day return to Paris. Everything about the fare was Premier, and the service Standard. This used to be Premier Leisure, or Select or First Class. The breakfast was poor continental on a miniscule sizing ie small coffee cup, small juice glass. Dreadful value ! The return train at 4.16pm served a 3 course meal. Food & Beverage need to rebalance the focus .. A more hearty breakfast, and a lighter tea service. ‘Open the route’ to competition !

Tirana1
    Participant

Agreed – and the fixation on serving rabbit as part of the meal service needs some thought. I can only ever think of pet rabbits from childhood when this dish is offered and it happens a lot on Eurostar – my Flemish colleagues find it rather amusing.

Pierre
    Participant

I agree, Eurostar in Premium and Standard Premier offers a poor service.
    The meal service in Premium lasts ages, and they still did not manage to serve drinks & dishes altogether. (the same would it be the breakfast or a lunch/dinner).
    The microscopic portions might be due to the care they pay for the passengers diets..
    some competition would be welcome. Not sure it would be better, but at least shaken some habits..

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Bullfrog – I believe the trainset you were on could not have been one of the latest refurbished ones (ie the ones fitted with new interiors and with the provision of wi-fi) because, as far as I know, these continue to be delayed in entering service.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/eurostar-to-refurbish-fleet-and-add-new-trains

Hopefully they will enter service sometime later this year.

As for competition for Eurostar …. that appears to be as far away as ever, now that DB has postponed its London service.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/100254/deutsche-bahn-postpones-london-rail-route

JohnHarper
    Participant

It is a real shame DB have postponed operations to London, I have been looking forward to it as I agree, Eurostar needs competition.

Am I right in thinking there is no prospective date for services to be introduced?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I agree John, I was also looking forward to the DB service, and hopefully some lower prices. It’s amazing in today’s age we have to wait so long for this happen. If it ever does!

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Even if DB were to to proceed, it will take years before services could start. No prospective date has been announced.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/100254/deutsche-bahn-postpones-london-rail-route

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls