Eurostar pax banned from taking liquids on board

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

Fortunately this appears to be a one off. But you can imagine passengers’ reactions when they were given no warning that they had to throw away, alcohol, toiletries and perfumes at the Brussels check-in counter last Tuesday.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/eurostar-ban-liquids-at-brussels-after-terror-scare-on-day-theresa-mays-brexit-letter-delivered-a3502691.html

Cedric_Statherby
    Participant

It baffles me that transport operators (mainly airports but why not Eurostar too?) don’t offer a “we’ll courier it home for you” service. instead of confiscating private property – and needless to say not offering any compensation – they would provide a service, turn a hostile situation into a less hostile one and quite probably also make a profit.

I did once try to board an aeroplane at a small airport in Scotland forgetting I had some scissors in my hand luggage. The scanner found them … and then offered to post them to any UK address for me. She even had a supply of envelopes and padded bags by the scanner. Sadly such creative thinking seems to be completely beyond the automatons who run most security desks, for whom showing initiative, helping customers and thinking laterally all seem to be “not part of the job description”.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls