Etihad Veterans please advise

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Ahmad
    Participant

I will be flying Etihad (after several months) to Singapore later this month.

Am flying Business on an A320 and then a 777ER outbound and a 787 and then an A321 inbound.

Both times there is a long layover (around 14 hours) at AUH.

Suggestions to make the journey as pleasant as possible would be greatly appreciated.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Ahmad

I don’t know EY policy these days, but you could try calling them to see if they will provide you with a hotel room due to the long layover.

Otherwise, you could look at either staying in the Premier Inn next to the airport (5 mins walk) for a good rest, or another hotel in AD, where you could relax by the pool – there are lots of good ones.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Ahmad
    Participant

They are providing hotel accommodation. In fact they have a special premium stopover package giving complementary accommodation in good hotels for one of the two legs. I am more interested in the flight/airport part of the journey since I haven’t travelled on Etihad for several months now, any tips on taking advantage of new enhancements which will not be easily apparent?

MarcusGB
    Participant

Hi. I have flown Etihad many times since they started, and am currently a Gold member with them.
    Although AUH is very busy, they have an excellent Business Class lounge with a bar, restaurant, buffet, spa facilities, and much to eat and drink. They have a private TV area, Business with Apple Computers, barber and beauty salon, and it is well staffed.
    AM 7-10 am and 7-10pm it is VERY busy, but you will have plenty of options there.

In flight they have a great Entertainment system, and food on board is a la carte, all day dining, so eat and drink when you wish. One of the best services in the sky, and if you get the new seatsing your own Cocoon in Business class, private quiet and comfortable. Try for a window seat in the most forward section.

More basic services on the smaller flights.
    The Etihad lounges Worldwide, are some of the best of any Airline, but again always busy.

They are growing at 13% a year, cannot get enough aircraft for their demand, and profitable. A good choice, and register for their Guest program to earn miles.
    Their philosophy of everyone being a “Guest” as in hotel service is superb, along with a Nanny service for kids, and Chef, and Food & Beverage Managers.
    Service is very individualized, no trolleys, all you order is prepared and brought to you in its entirety.</strong. Enjoy and let us all know what you feel compared to other Airlines.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Ahmad
    Participant

Thank you for your comments Marcus. On one leg I should get the new seat. I have selected the front section on both long hauls and will inform the forum what my experience is compared to QR which I usually fly.

MarcusGB
    Participant

Pleasure. They have been consistent in the 12-13 years i have flown them, and ahead of their time always.
    With the “Guest” outlook towards people, the exceptional food, dine when you wish with an anytime menu, and the chauffeur cars each end, they are one of the best Airlines worldwide i feel.
    Often they are for a less price than other Airlines, and you get stopover hotels, cars added in so the value is £400 more just by the hotels and cars alone
    If booked from Europe (DUB / CDG/ AMS, you would be saving £4-500 also!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls