Etihad from Australia

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

robdub
    Participant

Hi folks, Etihad from Australia, anyone done First? What aircraft do they use out of Sydney or Perth? Would appreciate any feedback in the next few days, thanks a lot

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Out of Sydney it is listed as a A340-500 aircraft. We have reviewed this and have seat plans here.

http://seatplans.businesstraveller.com/airlines/Etihad/A340-500-1

the review of Etihad’s on-board product are here

http://www.businesstraveller.com/tried-and-tested/airlines/etihad-airways

MarcusUK
    Participant

Etihad have 2 Daily flights from AUH-SYD, one A345, one A346.
    It depends what time you wisht o arrive in Sydney or AUH, for the best to choose.
    I flew Pearl Class last year on each, as the return journey was very overbooked the crew told me, so they replaced the 345 with the 346.
    I have to say this was much better with 2 cabins for business class, the fore being quieter & more private.

Diamond was also excellent, but i didn’t see much difference in the comforts, & the food is the same for both cabins.

However when travelling alone, the seats are staggered in pearl so very private comfortable tc.

They are one of the best airlines down to Sydney now, from AUH, but it’s a hard 15 hr flight. I certainly wouldnt choose this in economy, rather the flights via the far east.
    Having started quite competively priceing wise, they now seem to charge the higher enf of the market.
    This route is doing very well at 96% occupancy when last i heard.

robdub
    Participant

Thanks for taking the time to give feedback Mark, very much appreciated

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
The forum ‘Etihad Airlines’ is closed to new topics and replies.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls