Entry of Sri Lankan to Oneworld who else do you think will/should/would like to join?

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• sparkyflier
    Participant

Thank you John Harper fopr your detailed thoughts. As you say, CX is linked to Air China, which is in star. If CX were to leave, this would then enable Hainan and Hong Kong Airlines to join oneworld.

In North Africa as you say RAM is more likely to join Skyteam. Also IB is in theory targeting these countries that would add to the (if not already) oneworld network. I cannot see what Tunisair would add at all.

In West Africa Arik is the strongest player.

Over to Qantas, as you say, they may well leave. They currently hate Emirates, but as they say, if you cannot beat them join them!

capetonianm
    Participant

I can see EK strengthening codeshare arrangements but I can’t see them going into an alliance. For a start they would be too dominant in any alliance they might join and I don’t believe their strategy lends itself to alliances, for many reasons.

Travellator
    Participant

Wouldnt be surprised if Aer Lingus returned .

sparkyflier
    Participant

I do not think anyone can see Emirates joing an alliance, but what seems to be the thinking here and on other discussions, is that Qantas may leave oneworld to joining Emirates in a partnership.

Worth bearing in mind that Etihad now co-operate in a big way with Virgin Australia.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls