Emirates Skywards to Launch Platinum Tier

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Good afternoon

I have been reliably informed that Emirates will be launching a tier above Gold – 99% certain to Platinum Status. I believe it will require 100,000 tier miles. I’m not 100% certain what extra benefits will be given – but one will be for those travelling in Business Class they can access the First Class lounges (not sure if travelling in economy whether they can use the First lounges). Will be interesting to see what other benefits they will give.

No date for the launch but expected to be soon.

AndersA
    Participant

Gold members cannot go in the first class lounge (unless they are travelling in first class, of course), so this would be one advantage (especially given that the bizz lounge in DXB is worse than a mainline train station.)

I have to say I find Skywards to be a pathetic reward scheme. Gold seemingly gives you no advantages apart from a few extra bonus miles and priority wait list. Try redeeming Skywards miles when you want to too.

DontTurnRight
    Participant

AndersA – to be fair, I have never had any difficulties on redeeming Skywards miles, especially for upgrades, where the process seems easier than many other FF schemes. That said, as a Gold member, it would be good to access the First Class lounges when flying business.

Thanks for your post nissefalk – more information on the new tier is available here:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/emirates-confirms-platinum-skywards-tier

By the way – we’ve blanked out your membership number in the post above, for data protection reasons.

nissefalk
    Participant

Thanks, did not read the news on the site before I posted and did not properly copy, deleted the post now

Henryp1
    Participant

This is very good news and a very long time coming, for those who fly excessively past the gold threshold. Now there will be some recognition.

Henry

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls