Emirates retrofitting some B777-200LR – no more first to fill!

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Jetcruiser
    Participant

I was trying to book First on EK from FLL to DXB and nothing is available…revenue or redemption starting in March.

After a bit of research, I was able to find out that EK plans on retrofitting some of their 777-200LR aircraft, eliminating First Class completely!

The Emirates website only shows a three-class configuration for this aircraft on their website.

https://www.emirates.com/us/english/experience/our-fleet/seating_chart.aspx?id=77LUFJY&from=324606

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

That’s right, it was mentioned at the end of this thread

“Routes online says it will be 38 business class seats and 268 economy seats, and will debut on routes such as Fort Lauderdale from 25 March, 2018, and also Ahmedabad, Karachi, Mumbai, Yinchuan – Zengzhou.”

Emirates unveils new seats for the B777-300ER – including new first class

LuganoPirate
    Participant

On the 380 in Business you have 1x2x1 which is fine but to have 2x3x2 in Business in this day and age is terrible. Imagine getting the middle seat on an 11 hour flight?

Several of my friends who used Emirates are now swapping to Qatar because of the new Qsuites so EK will I think have to up their game.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Strange to see 2 2 2 in an Emirates 777. The nearest config to this used to be the A340-500, which was 2-2-2 angled flat.

EK even shoehorned 2-3-2 in J on the A332/343.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Plus if you aren’t small (which happens to be my case), those EK business class seats are tricky and somewhat claustrophobic.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls