Easyjet… Too early for bag drop

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I’ve had a look around, but can’t seem to find anything relevant on Easyjet’s website about this.

General page
    http://www.easyjet.com/en/help/booking-and-check-in/check-in

I have arrived early at Berlin Schönefeld and want to use bag drop for my checked bag and then get airside to do some work. But I can’t because easyjet won’t accept my checked bag because I am too early.

There is nothing on the page about this
    http://www.easyjet.com/us/cheap-flights/germany/berlin/airport-ber-sxf/sxf

In fact, it says “We recommend arriving at the airport with plenty of time before you depart so you can get through security and find your boarding gate.”

The flight is at 1655. At 1400 I was told I’d have to come back at 1420, and at 1420, I was told to come back at 1440.

I asked why and was told the computer won’t accept bags if it is more than two hours before departure time, which is odd, since that would mean no one can check bags until 1455.

Aside from the fact that this makes things a little rushed (I’ve waited for over 30 minutes in security here in the past, and the gate closes as 1625), while I am being told this my phone is buzzing with the Easyjet app telling me to get a move on to the airport.

In addition, there is a 20 minute queue to get to the bag drop counter (if you haven’t got Easyjet Plus), so anyone in the same situation has to try and judge the time to start queuing before they are actually able to drop the bags.

And lastly, why does Easyjet sell lounge access http://parking.easyjet.com/airport-lounges.html , if you can’t get airside to use it (if you have checked bags)?

SGJNI1961
    Participant

I agree being made to wait is very annoying.

This has happened to me at both LGW when checkin had even opened two hours before the first morning flights and I was hanging around after arriving from HKG and at AMS when I was made to wait over an hour to drop off a bag even though all the counters were staffed but my bag couldn’t be accepted!

Then they insist you queue at a gate with no aircraft for 30 mins ??????

Could do much better.

canucklad
    Participant

Totally agree Tom, and absolutely infuriating if you have paid for lounge access

A process in place for the ease of the airline, with no thought at all about the customer. Can understand it, if it’s at an out station where EasyJet planes are few and far, but at one of their hubs, totally annoying and a simple service issue to fix .

Bet you they don’t though .

And SGJN1961, your spot on, and yet again, infuriating when you leave the lounge early, to stand in a cattle pen for 30 minutes staring at an empty apron.

I’ve stared at empty EZY aprons all over Europe.

In summary, I’ve found the airport experience really lets the whole EZY proposition down – Really down !

capetonianm
    Participant

Much as my preferred carrier for European flights is EZY, I have repeatedly complained about the poor airport experience, as it does let them down badly.

I have complained repeatedly about their handling procedures and agents at various stations, and the poor service is always blamed on the third party.

I have spent too long waiting on draughty staircases or sweat inducing glass jetways to appreciate the experience.

At some stations there is very little control and SB/PB passengers are pushed aside by the hordes, who then fill the overhead bins with their bags and leave no room for those who prefer not to have to push and shove to board.

dorispenny
    Participant

totally agree. Always like to be early and to be rid of bags and then relax. Does this apply to Ryanair?

anyonebutba
    Participant

having worked at many airports, they all the same rules regardless of carrier, bags can be accepted only 2 before departure (for short haul 4 hours for long haul), computers are set not to print bag tags until this because mainly if limited storage in baggage halls, there are a few exceptions but you will find regardless of airline/airport normally 2 hours is the standard guidelines for baggage acceptance, i have experienced it personally with BA AA Easy and its pretty normal

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls