E-Visa for Cambodia – what has happened?

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• seasonedtraveller
    Participant

On my last business trip to Cambodia, I used an online application run by the Cambodian government;

https://www.evisa.gov.kh/

It was quick and easy and cost $30.

I now find that I can no longer load the page (I’ve been trying on and off for a week).

Does anyone know if this service has been withdrawn?

Other sites promoting online visa’s want to charge upwards of £85.

JKL
    Participant

Looks like a technical issue rather than a service withdrawal (at least, I’d hope if they were withdrawing it they’d put up a holding page rather than just switching off the server 😉

For what it’s worth, I used it about ten days ago and it was working fine.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

[quote quote=805917]Looks like a technical issue rather than a service withdrawal (at least, I’d hope if they were withdrawing it they’d put up a holding page rather than just switching off the server ?

For what it’s worth, I used it about ten days ago and it was working fine.

[/quote]

Thank you. I will leave it a few days and try again.

Ekond222
    Participant

…SDT…a word of caution…I used the e-visa for Cambodia a couple of months ago for a 2-day business trip…and was read the riot act as this was a tourist visa and apparently, from what I could gather I should have applied for a business visa…they still let me in…so be careful with your response when passing through immigration…

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

[quote quote=805948]…SDT…a word of caution…I used the e-visa for Cambodia a couple of months ago for a 2-day business trip…and was read the riot act as this was a tourist visa and apparently, from what I could gather I should have applied for a business visa…they still let me in…so be careful with your response when passing through immigration…

[/quote]

Thanks for the ‘heads up’ on that Ekond222 – it’s appreciated.
    My last visit was in March and I couldn’t print off the paperwork at my hotel in Kuala Lumpur so I arrived with visa but without paperwork. They just scowled at me and asked why it wouldn’t print…I said I had no idea why, they let me through eventually albeit as a tourist.

JKL
    Participant

I was pleasantly surprised by the e-Visa service when I used it for the first time last year. It was a few weeks before my birthday, which they obviously picked up from my passport, and on the day itself they emailed me:

Best Wishes to you for a very Prosperous, Successful, Healthy and Happiness in your life.

On your birthday we are, Cambodia e-Visa team, wishing you have a good luck and have another year of accomplishments, opportunity, and personal growth.

We send you our sincerest wishes for a Happy Birthday. Wishing you many happy returns of the deay!

Finally, thank you very much for using our e-Visa service always to Cambodia.

Nice touch, I thought.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

on my way to Vietnam. Nice to see, no visa is required…..

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

This has appeared today….

Edited to add – There is now a banner on the site saying that it’s being upgraded and will return soon…..when, is anybody’s guess.
    For some reason the picture would not attach to this note?

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

For anyone interested – the site is back up and running, here – https://www.evisa.gov.kh/

ST

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls