Dublin to JFK – Delta One

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• AlanOrton1
    Participant

FlightDoctor – can thoroughly recommend the J cabin in the ex US Air A330’s that AA use. The seats are not brand new, but are very similar to CX’s J seat. Perhaps not as many bells and whistles, but comparable.

I’ve not flown AA’s 787, be great for you to share your thoughts on that once you’ve finished your trip.

Connecting should be a breeze, particularly on the way back as AA’s terminal at ORD is easy to navigate and there are 2 x business lounges and 1 x first lounge, which you can access if you are OW Emerald. The business lounges are fairly mediocre (you should be given drinks vouchers), the first lounge has a reasonable range of food and drink, though is quite small.

Martyn – I think CLT is a great airport to connect through, so suspect you’ll have a good experience. I flew CLT-DUB and I think the flight time was short, just a tad over 6 hours.

Andrew
    Participant

Read that the American business class from Sublin now has lie flat seats in business – is that the case? What is the food like ? Pretty tempted by the price I must admit

FlightDoctor
    Participant

Reporting back after a family holiday in Orlando flying LHR-DUB-PHL-MCO and MCO-ORD-DUB-LHR.

Used Avios to position to Dublin on BA and then had a great 24hrs sightseeing in the city. Then flew Dublin to Philadelphia in business on an American A330 (ex US Air) the next day. Really liked the US pre-clearance facility and the 51st and Green lounge is really nice with great views. Flight was very comfortable and the 1-2-1 layout much better than BA. Two hour layover in PHL then flew domestic First on a 757 to MCO. This was fitted with the old US Air seats which reminded me of the old BA Club World cradle seats but were still comfortable for the 2-hour flight.

Return 2 weeks later was via Chicago. First leg on a 757 again but this time with the new American domestic First fitted (2-2 layout) and fully flat seats. Very comfortable and managed to have a snooze en route. Three hour change at ORD and used the American business lounge near the K gates, which was very busy but a respite from the busy Terminal. Next leg to Dublin was on a new 787. This was fitted with the latest business class seats, similar to those fitted on the refurbished 777-200’s. They were excellent with a huge video screen and plenty of space. We all slept very well on the 7.5 hour flight and arrived reasonably refreshed. Short layover in Dublin before a 45 minute flight with BA back to LHR.

Whilst this was a more complicated and lengthy itinerary than just flying direct from London, we paid a similar price for this journey in business as economy would have cost direct with BA or Virgin from Gatwick. The hard American business product is streets ahead of BA Club World, especially on the 787. Food was ok, not exceptional but good enough. Service was typically American, ranging from grumpy to vaguely friendly!

I really liked pre-clearance in Dublin and as a family we earned nearly 80,000 Avios in total and 360 TPs each. If travelling to the US again would certainly consider using Dublin once more.

Bath_VIP
    Participant

Andrew,

Have a look at this thread last year when I described my experience with AA out of DUB.

Bristol to Dallas with American (J class) & Ryanair (Biz Plus)

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls