Dreamliner 787 catches fire at the gate

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Anonymous

Flyingsoldier1993
    Participant

“A Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft with no passengers on board caught fire at Boston’s Logan Airport on 07 Jan 2013, when a battery in its auxiliary electrical system exploded, officials said”

This airplane is beginning to worry me.

Is it actually ready and fit to be let loose on the flying public?

http://news.airwise.com/story/view/1357599751.html

rferguson
    Participant

Oh dear….BA have opened a ‘volunteer list’ for crew opting to be the first trained on the 787. I’ve got til midnight tonight until the list closes….maybe I should take my name off! Lol.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

As John Lennon remarked in one of the Beatles films, “I wouldn’t touch you with a plastic one.’

A pal of mine used to drive a new TVR with a fibreglass body that had no end of electrical challenges (I remember having to puch it down the road to jump start it, one day),he sent it back eventually.

NFeldberg
    Participant

It would be wise for the airlines to ground these airplanes until a solution has been rectified. This all sounds familiar to me when the 737 has rudder issues which resulted in a few fatal crashes back in the early 90s. An on board electrical fire is about as serious as you can get on an airplane aside from the wings snapping off in flight.

Ricjackal
    Participant

Thomson the Holiday company has several of them …………….. Good job im flying AirMalta this year …………………………

canucklad
    Participant

Boeings travails continue…

ABC News report 2nd 787 at Boston with difficulties. This time due to a fuel leak…Anothger JAL aircraft ” spewing fuel all over the runway after lkanding ”

It never rains but it pours as they say…

NFeldberg
    Participant

The investigators really need to look at whether or not this is a Japan Airlines maintenance problem or Boeing. The FAA issued a directive for all 787 operators to fix potential leaks in December caused by a faulty assembled fuel line coupling which seems to be the culprit here. It’s also important to remember this airplane was outsourced around the world and assembled in Seattle. Boeing officially never had complete control of the manufacturing. These wont be the last incidents.

r ryan
    Participant

Now three in three days: JAL have just had a third 787 go offline due to brake problems….

AMcWhirter
    Participant

flyingfox

Are you sure it’s JAL ? I thought the brake problems were with an ANA B787:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/boeing-dreamliner-flight-hit-brake-problem-095335736–finance.html

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“Good job im flying AirMalta this year …………………………”

Yep, Air Malta flies the Airbus Nightmareliner 😉

GLOBALFIRST
    Participant

All new technology has teething problems.

A380 … electrical problems, delays, engine blew up, cracks in wings etc.

Wait until the 350 comes along. Delays already, redesign etc.
    Airbus builds a good plane.

Boeing builds a BETTER plane period. Ask any pilot.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“Boeing builds a BETTER plane period. Ask any pilot.”

I’m a pilot and I don’t agree with your assertion.

Inthesandpit
    Participant

We all know the British built the best aeroplanes (not planes).

Interesting to read the following blogspot
    http://nyc787.blogspot.com/
    Whoever writes this is obviously from Boeing and are very quick to slate Airbus over anything.
    The Boeing problems are all media ‘enhanced’ according to one of the blogspot posts.
    I’ve travelled on the dreamliner with QR in J class – its the airline and service which make this machine outstanding, for me the dreamliner is just another piece of plastic and tin to get me from A to B.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls