Doha airport lounges?!!

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• FinnishBoss69
    Participant

We were travelling through Doha Hamad International Airport on our way to Sydney on QR. As I am currently only sapphire -level card holder we were offered to use the ‘gold’ lounge in Doha.

I was surprised to see how uncomfortable and dated it felt even though the airport has just recently been opened. The service was not very polite. The lounge was crowded (it was 6 AM) – people were standing and drinking coffee there.

All in all instead of being a relaxing and nice layover between the flights it was actually stressful and uncomfortable. Anyone has other experiences or hints as I have at least 4 other flights booked through Doha on QR in the coming months?

thebigseats
    Participant

I suggest going to a cafe in the main terminal.

FinnishBoss69
    Participant

I reckon that’s a good idea 🙂

esselle
    Participant

Soprafino and Grand Comptoir both offer comfortable seating and decent enough food.

Cloud-9
    Participant

If you are travelling in J you can use the Al Mourjan lounge.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

And head upstairs from the large water feature.

Otherwise, the only other aggro I have witnessed whilst transiting DOH is people having their fully sealed duty free alcohol bottles taken off them. What is galling about this is that DOH then has a duty free almost immediately after security selling exactly the same bottles that have just been expropriated by airport security… Don’t make this mistake.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls