Does it pay to book early?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

capeleopard
    Participant

Not here. Last month paid £1,766 WTP for LHR/CPT in Jan, just seen the same flight profile in the BA sale for £1,138. Called CS who offered to refund £237 if I cancel/re-book. Ouch. Caveat emptor.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I don’t think it does pay Capeleopard. Just booked my sister in january to JNB via FRA ex LCY for £480. A month ago it was £551. Quite a bargain and much cheaper than BA, KLM etc.

Senator
    Participant

I think it pays to book early in Club/Business class long-haul. I would not be able to afford the luxury of this without planning around the sale periods and sometimes, start my journey in other countries than my domicile.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

It does with the low cost but not always with the ‘others’.

Searched late November for BA to Tampa from Gatwick in CW – price showing around £850 per sector. Appointments were confirmed 2 weeks later and when I went to book, the price had risen to around £1,400 per sector.

Cursing that I missed the lower prices, I left the BA booking and tried other airlines & routes.

I left it for 3 weeks or so and last week,deciding that I really should make a booking, found that they were down to £850 (or thereabouts) in the latest BA sale.

Like most of us, I have an annual travel budget & the lower prices help greatly in the cases where things go wrong & you have to spend more than you want (Like BA fleecing me for £2,000 One way MIA to LHR when I missed my flight this year)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls