Does IAG exist?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

Cwyfan
    Participant

Having received my notification that I am now a share-holder in IAG, not BA, and that the company contained Iberia, I am staggered that my latest search for return business flights to MAD from LHR, has the same two identical fights around £100 more expensive on the BA site. As one flight is Iberian and one BA, does BA now want us to book all of our flights to Spain on the Iberian website, as we will still get the same miles and tier points, as I understand it, but may save a lot of money if the flight involves Iberia. Anybody know what is going on?

Sparepocket
    Participant

Well, IAG shares are listed in London and Madrid so,yes, I suppose it exists.
    I hope you did the sensible thing and booked the cheaper flight!

openfly
    Participant

kmcottrell…

If you are on a BA Exec Club card and travelling on an IB flight be aware that it takes ages…phone calls, letters, emails etc ….to get all the Tier Points, Miles, Cabin miles and Tier Miles added to your account. The Tier miles were only added when IAG came into effect.

The whole thing is a shambles. Star Alliance works perfectly, but One-World seems incapable of adding the partners BA Miles without a lot of annoying effort.

Cwyfan
    Participant

Interestingly, before I switched to favouring BA Executive Club, and flew under my AAdvantage card, the miles from flying on BA were on my AA account hardly any longer than it takes BA to do it to their own. So not all oneworld partners are the same. AA always asked if you had another oneworld card when booking, which Iberia appear not to, perhaps that has something to do with it!

Age_of_Reason
    Participant

IAG exists all right, and since launch is -39p (ca 13%) while FOOTSIE is up from 6000. Maybe something to do with the Chief Exec?

For flights UK-Spain try Easyjet, and search using http://www.justtheflight.co.uk or OPODO will give a full honest ranking

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls